DISCUSSION: General Deadline Thoughts

Weekes Head

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt ESPN will have any special coverage except maybe a short segment with Melrose or someone on Sportscenter after it is all over.

Your best source for Deadline Day Coverage is, of course, NJDevs.com! :)

It is a good trade for Dallas. With LA, Nashville and Calgary improving they had to do something and he is nice pick up for them.

I don't think they had to do anything, they don't have to improve because other teams that were weaker than them improved. They're still much stronger than both of them before that deal.

It's like Lou says, you respond to your team's needs, not to what the market is doing.

The Stars needed a soft player who gets hurt a lot and will be abused physically in the playoffs? Well at least he won't score any more OT goals off Turco.

I really thought we were gonna get him, makes me think that were really only gonna get a defensemen if that.

You thought we were going to get Val Bure?? Why?

That would have been a ridiculous move. There's nothing he gives us that we don't already have, with better heart and more playoff-savvy. Oh, and he's been injured a LOT the past two-three years.

I really thought we were gonna get him, makes me think that were really only gonna get a defensemen if that.

You thought we were going to get Val Bure?? Why?

That would have been a ridiculous move. There's nothing he gives us that we don't already have, with better heart and more playoff-savvy. Oh, and he's been injured a LOT the past two-three years.

Decafe hunny

Dallas is among the lowest scoring teams in the Western Conference. Say what you will about Val Bure but he still has offensive upside which is what Dallas needs.

I will eat my hat if he gives them that. I've watched this guy play.

Dallas has been one of the lowest scoring teams... but they seriously turned the tide and they and Tampa Bay are the hottest teams in the league.

We need someone else who knows how to find the back of the net, i think he could have provided us with that. We cant win a thing with one line doing all the work.

We made two deals to get that. Our offensive dealing is done.

Valeri Bure wasn't going to give us any of that. Kozlov's a much better talent for those purposes and I sure hope we get to see that real soon.

We need someone else who knows how to find the back of the net, i think he could have provided us with that.  We cant win a thing with one line doing all the work.

We made two deals to get that. Our offensive dealing is done.

Valeri Bure wasn't going to give us any of that. Kozlov's a much better talent for those purposes and I sure hope we get to see that real soon.

Then our chance at the cup is done.

Dallas is among the lowest scoring teams in the Western Conference. Say what you will about Val Bure but he still has offensive upside which is what Dallas needs.

I will eat my hat if he gives them that. I've watched this guy play.

Dallas has been one of the lowest scoring teams... but they seriously turned the tide and they and Tampa Bay are the hottest teams in the league.

I am not sure who he played with in Florida but I am going to go out on a limb and say that a more talented player will be feeding him in Dallas. Even on Florida he has 20 goals and 45 points in 55 GP (leads team in both catagories). Not to mention, he is an even on a team where every other regular is a minus.

Edited by PeteyNice

Do you think with Lang's injury on Detroit it will open up the possibility of Detroit taking Larionov off our hands?

Even if they did want him we would not get anything of value. He is on a one year deal and has already said he intends to retire after the season. I'd just hang on to him as insurance.

Okay, I didn't read all 7 pages of this thread, so I don't know all the Dev trade rumors, but I was disappointed when I logged on this morn, that nada, zip and zilch about a Dev trade. Come on Lou, do something. :pray:

I really can't stand the waiting. I think maybe I'll check back at 3:30 and see if there is rejoicing, tears or anger on the board.

And then there's the Flyer game tonight. LETS GO DEVILS!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.