Fantasy Football Draft 2011

aylbert

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hm, the YouTube's still not showing up on my computer but it is on my phone...thank goodness for ayl's magic editing and my limited mobile high-speed internet :lol:

the ayl works in mysterious ways.... but now he just wants to draft :D

the ayl works in mysterious ways.... but now he just wants to draft :D

Well last year's draft (i.e after the draft order and keepers) started on August 18 and the season began September 9 - of course the draft ended that afternoon. Right now we're at August 13 with this year's season beginning September 8 and haven't even posted the draft order yet :P

And I do get what CRASHER's saying about certifying the draft order, especially since he got first slot last year (though he dropped back to twelve with it) :lol: In future years we could always do what we do in the hockey league, just give the league winner the first option to where to pick and randomize the rest though I kinda like the total randomization too since choosing your spot probably means more here than it does in the hockey league.

Plus it's not going to be as rushed next year when there's no lockout to worry about.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Well it HAS been fun watching you guys fill time in here :lol:

But now the waiting has passed (and if you hate your spot, blame Laflamme.......HE picked them :P )

I should pull a Bettman and make a long boring speech here to attention whore and dampen the whole presentation....naaaahhhhh:

1. RSC

2. Me

3. dr33

4. Manta

5. Brian

6. LCB

7. DevilsMJ

8. Aylbert

9. Has

10. Masked

11. Laflamme

12. U-Dog

Let the madness BEGIN!!! :evil:

Edited by NJDevs4978

LaFlamme... Nobodies going to trade with me for the coveted 8th to-pick-your-position pick. You suck. :D

Anyways, starting with RSC - When you make your draft position pick, you must also announce your keeper.

This gives color on the draftpool before the next person chooses their position.

Edited the post up top to reflect that the draft order and keeper selections are now underway, hopefully we can get this done in a couple days but I'm not counting on it since last year it took a couple people five days just to select their draft slot :P

If we get it done by this weekend that should be enough time for the draft, going past Sunday would really be pushing it (not to mention cut down on trade activity cause people'll feel rushed), especially since there's always a lull on Labor Day weekend.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Crap....I wanted to start putting the results in as we go but I can't till the 12 spots are solidified :P

And after the first (of MANY) conference calls.....the Reigning and DEFENDING....two-time....two-time, NJDevs Champ (IS HERE!), welcomes back the Puppy Power of Michael Vick and drops to spot 12 (shock and awe right?)

And after the first (of MANY) conference calls.....the Reigning and DEFENDING....two-time....two-time, NJDevs Champ (IS HERE!), welcomes back the Puppy Power of Michael Vick and drops to spot 12 (shock and awe right?)

Not really shock and awe, I figured you'd go back to 12 since you usually try to do that - especially with Vick being the keeper.

I'm two for two in my pick/keeper predictions so far, the next few are a little harder to read though :lol:

Crap....I wanted to start putting the results in as we go but I can't till the 12 spots are solidified :P

Aylbert's putting them in the other (locked) thread, in case someone doesn't know what spots are taken when their turn comes up.

Edited by NJDevs4978

If you keep Charles you give up your second-round pick. The rosters are on the first page, it's the same round you drafted them last year.

Don't really think other teams' keepers should matter when deciding your own, especially since some are already obvious anyway.

EDIT: Oh okay you mean the teams at the back end should do their keepers first, eh it doesn't really matter that much. Last year we went in random order to declare keepers. Plus at this point it'd be a little time consuming to do the keepers in inverse order, then do the draft order.

But since you're third you definitely have to decide your draft order position now unless you want to trade out of it :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Sorry for the confusion. I guess I'll move to 2nd. Charles is my keeper.

My point was is 2nd a good spot to start if guys keep Johnson, Peterson and Foster. This is something I would have liked to know.

Johnson and Peterson were kept last year and thusly ineligible for keeping, and the guy who had Foster kept Vick B )

Okay, Manta you're up! Draft spots are being kept track of here (and in CRASHER's draft post a few posts above in this thread):

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=108068

And keeper values are on the rosters of the first post of this thread. Guys with strikethrough are ineligible for keeping (last year's keepers).

Edited by NJDevs4978