Ray Giroux

SportsTalkRadio

He will be the 7th guy come playoff time if he is lucky.

Stevens

Niedermayer

Martin

Rafalski

White

these are all locks IMO

Hale

Giroux

Brown

Albelin

Out of these 4 I feel Hale has been the best....I guess it will depend on the series. Hale seems to play well vs Montreal but poorly vs Philly.

Don't be fooled. Lou and Burns have finally realized what a few of us on this board said after we saw at the end of last year... he is the real deal.

Watch his quick reactions with the puck, his accurate passes, his good position, his ability to poke check the puck, his shot and his skating.

If he were further down on the depth chart, he'd be getting less ice time.

He was out on the pK today, which tells you whta Burns thinks. His 22:44 is mor ethan Martins!

IMHO he is ahead of Martin on the roster right now.

For playoff lines:

Stevens - Hale

Niedermayer - Martin

Rafalski - Albelin

White - Giroux.

-In no specific order....

Well that would be one more pairing than we're allowed, wouldn't it?

I don't like the idea of pairing Stevens with Hale upon his return. Why make the guy have to stress about covering mistakes along with his stress about returning?

<JESTER>

In hindsight it WAS a smart move to allow Giroux to hone his leadership skills in Albany and allowing Hale & Martin to learn from the best.

Giroux looks good and getting better. I think he already is ahead of both Martin and Hale on the depth chart when Rafi & Scotty come back (hopefully).

Well assuming Stevens isn't back and Rafalski is for the first round, you'd have to think the six D are Nieds, Raf, Martin, Giroux, White and Albelin with Hale occasionally giving Alby a breather and Brown nowhere near the lineup.

If Stevens IS back then who sits, Giroux or Albelin? I guess they both rotate and neither Hale or Brown is anywhere near the lineup.