Kings Fire Terry Murray

thefiestygoat

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-1212-kings-murray-20111212,0,3653815.story

Kings executives are poised to dismiss Coach Terry Murray this week, hoping to halt a string of disappointing performances and revive an offense that has produced a league-low 2.24 goals per game despite a beefed-up payroll that puts the team near the salary-cap limit for the first time.

People familiar with the situation but not authorized to comment publicly said a candidate has not been found to replace Murray, who took over before the 2008-09 season. Murray installed a solid defensive foundation but has not been able to take the team to the next level and capitalize on resources enhanced by the off-season additions of skilled forwards Mike Richards and Simon Gagne.

EDIT Update: Fired

Edited by thefiestygoat

IDK but on the train ride to the game a friend of mine and I both agreed that for some reason we feel there is a decent chance of Zach re-signing with the Devils. This is after a month ago where we both said he is as good as gone after this season.

Just a hunch or based on something concrete? I would be careful if I were the Devils and make sure he has fully recovered from the injury. To me, he's saying what he needs to say and it's all vague. His father has been chiming in as well, I believe he's outta here 1st. chance.

Just a hunch or based on something concrete? I would be careful if I were the Devils and make sure he has fully recovered from the injury. To me, he's saying what he needs to say and it's all vague. His father has been chiming in as well, I believe he's outta here 1st. chance.

Pure hunch really.

I do think he is most likely gone, but I am just less certain than I was before.