Conference Final Schedule

Derek21

For the most part, the schedule is okay. I just don't get why they're making Calgary and San Jose play back-to-back days with travel from Calgary to San Jose for Game Five.

Date of Release: 05/04/2004 Season: 2003/2004

Type of Release: Public Relations

Category: General

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NHL Announces Schedule For 2004 Stanley Cup Conference Finals

Contact Information: N/A

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE / MAY 4, 2004

NHL ANNOUNCES 2004 STANLEY CUP CONFERENCE FINAL SCHEDULE

NEW YORK (May 4, 2004) -- The National Hockey League today announced that the Conference Final round of the 2004 Stanley Cup Playoffs will begin Saturday, May 8, when the Tampa Bay Lightning host the Philadelphia Flyers in the Eastern Conference Final (3 p.m., ET, ABC, TSN, RDS, NHL Radio).

The Western Conference Final will open Sunday, May 9, when the San Jose Sharks host the Calgary Flames (4 p.m., ET, ESPN, CBC, RDS, NHL Radio).

Complete national television coverage of the Conference Finals will be announced at a later date.

EASTERN CONFERENCE FINAL

All Times Eastern

#1 Tampa Bay Lightning vs. #3 Philadelphia Flyers

Date Time #1 Tampa Bay vs. #3 Philadelphia

Saturday, May 8 3:00 p.m. Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

Monday, May 10 7:30 p.m. Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

Thursday, May 13 7:00 p.m. Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

Saturday, May 15 3:00 p.m. Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

*Tuesday, May 18 7:30 p.m. Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

*Thursday, May 20 7:30 p.m. Tampa Bay at Philadelphia

*Saturday, May 22 7:00 p.m. Philadelphia at Tampa Bay

WESTERN CONFERENCE FINAL

All Times Eastern

#2 San Jose Sharks vs. #6 Calgary Flames

Date Time #2 San Jose vs. #6 Calgary

Sunday, May 9 4:00 p.m. Calgary at San Jose

Tuesday, May 11 9:00 p.m. Calgary at San Jose

Thursday, May 13 10:00 p.m. San Jose at Calgary

Sunday, May 16 4:00 p.m. San Jose at Calgary

*Monday, May 17 10:00 p.m. Calgary at San Jose

*Wednesday, May 19 9:00 p.m. San Jose at Calgary

*Friday, May 21 TBA Calgary at San Jose

* if necessary

Sunday, May 16 4:00 p.m. San Jose at Calgary

*Monday, May 17 10:00 p.m. Calgary at San Jose

Well, to be fair, there's going to be over 24 hours between games (barring overtime). I really want to know why Game 4 of SJ-CGY is going to be on Sunday when it could be played Saturday night for HNIC (Game 4 of TB-PHI is on Saturday afternoon).

Edited by Rowdyfan42

Without checking, you gotta think the rink owners of these teams (and it happens every year); the rinks have to be unavailable, as they did not foresee their hockey tenants advancing past May 1st.

I think I remember when the Panthers made their trip to finals in 96, in one of the rounds, they played consecutive home games on a Tuesday & Sat. becuase they had Garth Brooks concerts booked so far in advance & no dates to reschedule them.

And jeez, ESPN, thinks this great time slot of 4pm on Sundays just will flood the ratings. IT'S F*@KING SPRING!!! WE'RE OUT DOING STUFF IN THE DAYTIME. PUT THESE DAMM WEEKEND GAMES ON AT NIGHT!!!!!!

Without checking, you gotta think the rink owners of these teams (and it happens every year); the rinks have to be unavailable, as they did not foresee their hockey tenants advancing past May 1st.

I looked at the Ticketmaster schedules for all four arenas and I didn't see anything that would have prevented the Flames from hosting Game 4 for HNIC.

I looked at the Ticketmaster schedules for all four arenas and I didn't see anything that would have prevented the Flames from hosting Game 4 for HNIC.

What channel is the Tampa/Philly game going to be on that day? Maybe they don't want to take a chance incase the game goes into OT? :noclue: