Danton reads statement from jail cell

COdevsfan

Danton reads statement from jail cell

Saturday, May 8, 2004

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1797697

ESPN.com news services

Calling Friday night from the Clinton County (Ill.) Jail, where he's being held on murder-for-hire charges, Mike Danton read a statement outlining a litany of blues to a reporter for the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.

Without the knowledge of his lawyer, Robert Haar, in the case the troubled St. Louis Blues winger wrote his two-page statement on a yellow legal pad and, with the help of his agent, Dave Frost, contacted the Post-Dispatch.

Ironically, it's Frost whom Danton is alleged to have targeted for a hit.

Reading calmly, directly and slowly, according to the Post-Dispatch, at times repeating phrases to assure that his statement was copied verbatim, Danton reiterated his support of Frost and his disdain for his family.

Danton said his family's "recent publicity rants are nothing new."

"Their deceptions and lies throughout the past three weeks are a sign of the erratic lifestyle that I have lived. I have changed my last name to fully distance myself from the Jeffersons and in no means have had or will have anything to do with them in the future."

This came after Danton had first thanked Frost, his friends, and the Blues players and organization for their support.

Danton said he was feeling "OK, under the circumstances, you know," but he would not answer questions, saying he would only read his statement.

In his statement, Danton alleged "constant physical and emotional abuse" by his family during a squalid upbringing that his parents and their friends have refuted.

Danton described a "very troublesome" upbringing. His complaints ran from the amount of toilet paper in the house to the clothing he was given.

His best friends, Sheldon Keefe and Shawn Cation, and Frost have echoed Danton's allegations.

Stephen Jefferson, Danton's father, responded after the statement was read to him.

"I'm really hurt by it," Jefferson told the Post-Dispatch. "His mother will be floored. That's Dave Frost talking. You'd think that his brother and his mother would remember these things, and they don't at all.

"It hurts the family to hear that type of nonsense from him, but it just shows how badly Mike needs help."

Danton read his statement after Frost had contacted a reporter Friday to set up the call. Frost said that he and Danton's Ottawa-based attorney, Michael Edelson, had been contacted earlier in the week by Danton about making a statement.

---------------

WIthout the knowledge of his lawyer - what a dope. It keeps being said but Frost needs to be caught doing something to nail him to the wall and Danton needs some serious help.

Danton described a "very troublesome" upbringing. His complaints ran from the amount of toilet paper in the house to the clothing he was given. :blink::unsure::noclue:

This case is getting weirder and weirder by the minute. You would think being locked up would free Frost's grip on him, But I guess that's not the case. Another article states that Danton wouldn't be released because he's a flight risk. I think we all know who he would flee with, the question is where?

I feel some how Frost is covering his own rear end for some reason. Perhaps he was blackmailing Danton about something and doesn't want to be punished for that, so he's trying to keep Danton free so the blackmailing can continue?

Frost has to have something over Danton.

That's the only thing that would make sense out of this if Danton tried to have Frost killed. Either that or it is a bunch of bull and Danton never tried to have Frost killed.

I feel some how Frost is covering his own rear end for some reason.

Frost must have the tightest sweetest ass this side of heaven or the biggest schween for Danton to love him this much.

I seriously doubt he is covering anything of his ass where his boyfriend, robot lover is concerned.

What a job it must be to be this nut-cases lawyer. Look for his legal team to jump ship this week over this crap.