Lines from past seasons

emh

Hi everyone,

I'm a university student working on a hockey research project, and I have a couple questions that I know a long time Devils fan can answer. I am wondering about player lines and defensive pairs for the 1988-89 season through the 1998-99 season. Does anyone remember the players on any line for the Devils in any of these seasons? What about defensive pairs? It's a long time period, I know, but if you even know that these three players played on the first line for any season, for example, I would really appreciate the information...thanks!

Betsy

Can you please tell me the players on the A-line and the crash line? Thanks! Also, you are right, this is the ultimate devils trivia question, and I know all of you must have a few random lines stored up there in your brain, your favorite players from 1992 or something. Please tell me! Thanks...

Betsy

The problem is that the Devils almost always play WITHOUT set lines. It's part of that interchangable parts philosophy. So all you can do is make guesses as to who played with whom MOST of the time.

For example, how many people have played the other wing in the Madden-Pandolfo combination? I can think of at least 6 just off the top of my head.

Defensive Pairings:

Scott Stevens & Shawn Chambers in 95

Scott Niedermayer & Colin White in 2003

Scott Stevens & Brian Rafalski 2000-2003

Lines:

A Line

Crash Line

EGG Line (Patrik Elias-Scott Gomez-Brian Gionta)

J Line (Jeff Friesen-Joe Nieuwendyk-Jamie Langenbrunner)

Claude Lemieux - Scott Gomez - Alexander Mogilny in 2000-01

Roughly, the study is looking at international players in the NHL and how it effects the success of teams. There are seemingly a thousand other minute details we are also studying, one of which includes how the line decisions are made, how international players interact on lines, etc.

I am merely a research assistant on this project, so I can't really tell you why the founders of the project chose hockey, although they have probably told me in the past (I believe it has something to do with the trend of hockey players travelling here to play after the fall of the Iron Curtain).

BUT, I found and am working on this project because, like the good northern MN girl that I am, I grew up playing hockey, and love the sport more than anything else...the concept of getting to paid to learn more about hockey is the craziest and best thing in the world to me.

Longer answer than you asked for, I am sure...sorry.

Anyone else have any line info to throw at me? Thanks!

i remember 2000's team....one of the more stacked teams to win the cup in recent history.

elias-arnott-sykora

nemchinov-holik-mckay

brylin-gomez-lemieux

pandolfo-madden-mogilny

stevens-rafalski

niedermayer-daneyko

white-malakhov

mogilny, brylin, nemchinov floated into different spots now and then but this is how i remember it. boy nemchinov was a solid player, i wish he was still playing.