What these signings mean to me

SC Devs Fan

With all these recent signings, two things seem to clear to me; at the moment we have too many forwards and we have too high a payroll. Lou is nothing if not cost effective! I have to believe Kozlov or Friesen has to be moved and I still think a Dman is on the go, but with the recent signings I see them going for picks and prospects instead of the name player we all crave. The signing of Matvichuk days before the announcement of Nieds arbitration is curious too; perhaps Lou sees that Nieds days in NJ are coming to an end and moving him would also clear up a ton of salary room (as well as leave a huge void on the ice). With the amount of $ we have spent in the offseason I don't see anyone of note arriving for the players we trade, and as much as I wish that we could go into the regular season with our current roster I don't see that happening, I see us going in much thinner.

Are other teams that stupid?

No one is going to trade talent and get less in return and pay more in total.

You get one or the other.

Yes we will move a forward or two... but expect monor leagers and picks in return.

Friesen will get us a 1st round pick.

Rafalski is a all-star puck moving d-man. He wil bring us a first line player. But Lou loves defense and will happily play with 8 d-men.

Elias-Gomer-G

Brylin-Hrdina-Kozlov

Pando-Madden-Langs

Oliwa/Langdon-Rassmussen-Marshall

Friesen is a goner, if we sign Brylin.

Brylin=$1.5 mil

Friesen=$3 mil

Stevens-Raffi

White-Nieds

Matv-Martin

Hale & Brown, 7 & 8

Maybe Pascal for Hrdina...that save $$$ too.

This what I expect our team to look like on opening day.

Guest Devsrule
Elias-Gomer-G

Brylin-Hrdina-Kozlov

Pando-Madden-Langs

Oliwa/Langdon-Rassmussen-Marshall

Friesen is a goner, if we sign Brylin.

Your second line would be soft and useless. Why is Friesen the one who everyone says will go? All he needs is decent linemates. You saw what he did in 02-03, give him until the trade deadline at least. Elias had a BAD year and look how he repsonded.