NHL and MLB Advanced Media form digital partnership

MadDog2020

Did the NHL essentially lease management of its media services to the MLB? I don't have gamecenter yet (if I fingers crossed land a big boy job this fall, I will definitely get it), but I like the NHL network. I hope they don't mess with the programming too much. I like Hockey Central.

Edit: I suppose I should disclose that I like MLBTV too, but not so much for the programs outside of the games and highlight shows.

Edited by thecoffeecake

Did the NHL essentially lease management of its media services to the MLB? I don't have gamecenter yet (if I fingers crossed land a big boy job this fall, I will definitely get it), but I like the NHL network. I hope they don't mess with the programming too much. I like Hockey Central.

Edit: I suppose I should disclose that I like MLBTV too, but not so much for the programs outside of the games and highlight shows.

I hope they actually add more programming, it seems like they rerun the same two or three shows during the season, then rerun playoff games from the previous season in the offseason with zero original content after July 1.

I'm wondering if MLB will go after sites like this and try to claim trademark infringement. No idea if the term, "NJ Devs" is a Devils trademark.  I know MLB went after MANY fan sites, including www.bronxbombers.com.  I am not a Yankees fan, but I remember someone going to another site to ask us to register and then sign a petition in support of the site.  I registered, and I remember they did have a lot of copyrighted/trademarked stuff.  Player pictures, yankee logos, etc.  Site is now shut down, but not sure if it was a result of that or they just shut down via "natural causes".  They also went after a Cubs site pretty hard and a Dodgers site.

If they did, there are likely easy work-arounds.  Anyone can set up a board at pro boards for example.  Would have to be generic, but I can set up a site, call it www.abcdefghij.com and set-up sub forums for the Rangers, devils, whatever.