NFL 2019 Season

Daniel

2019 season officially began last week, so let's start this thread now with the news of Gronk retiring.  Not a huge surprise as some people are making it out to be considering that he said he would retire if he were traded to the Lions at the draft last year.  Honestly won't slow the Pats down at all.  They'll probably find his replacement in this year's draft for all we know. 

And I believe the Dolphins are now the odds on favorite for the worst record in the league.  Hopefully Brady and Belichick retire in Tua's second year under center when he's playing in the aqua and orange behind a stacked offensive line. 

• Like 1

Yeah, not really sure how much Gronk had left in the tank...he got out at just the right time, and with another ring to boot.  Kind of amazing that he played as long as he did, and as effectively as he did, factoring in everything.  Though he had moments and games where he still showed his vintage form, the wear and tear was clearly starting to show.  Best of luck to him in whatever he decides to do next.  One of the very best at his position, ever. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

2019 season officially began last week, so let's start this thread now with the news of Gronk retiring.  Not a huge surprise as some people are making it out to be considering that he said he would retire if he were traded to the Lions at the draft last year.  Honestly won't slow the Pats down at all.  They'll probably find his replacement in this year's draft for all we know. 

And I believe the Dolphins are now the odds on favorite for the worst record in the league.  Hopefully Brady and Belichick retire in Tua's second year under center when he's playing in the aqua and orange behind a stacked offensive line. 

4F07AB9C-67DA-44BA-8747-0D0536EA6284.gif

NFL approved pass interference review. Just breaking 

New England IS in the hunt for Brady's replacement, though I don't think the near trade up for Mayfield were real. Who knows they may secretly love a QB in this draft (and I dislike the QB class) but who knows they may jump up out of nowhere to nab one. Or go in for Rosen

Edited by '7'

12 hours ago, '7' said:

The Jets still have some glaring holes but it would be tough for them to pass up on Allen or Bosa. Still they've made it clear the 3 is up for grabs if somebody wants it. Maybe Washington? Maybe the Giants?

Sounds the Dolphins think Quinnen Williams is the best player in the draft, and the future seems to be interior lineman as opposed to edge rushers.

44 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Sounds the Dolphins think Quinnen Williams is the best player in the draft, and the future seems to be interior lineman as opposed to edge rushers.

That's a fair assessment. I can see the 49ers passing up on him though. If they do I think we may take Allen (Jets are in love with him supposedly) and then Williams falls to the Raiders. 

The only think I trust the Jets on is evaluating quality defensive linemen properly. Either off the scrap heap or draft. Really since before Mangini got here we've always been able to stop the rush. And do nothing else.

Edited by '7'