Flyers sign Handzus, avoid arbitration

Satans Hockey

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=93855&hubName=nhl

TSN.ca Staff

8/6/2004

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that they have signed center Michal Handzus to a new three-year contract.

No financial terms were disclosed.

"Michal has been an integral part of our team for the past two seasons and will continue to be a key member in the future," said general manager Bob Clarke in making the announcement. "We are extremely happy to have him signed to a long-term deal."

Handzus, a Group II Free Agent who elected salary arbitration, avoids a hearing by re-signing with the Flyers.

The 6'5", 217-pound Handzus recorded 20 goals and 38 assists for 58 points and 82 penalty minutes in 82 regular season games for the Flyers last season. His 38 assists and 58 points were new career highs in a single season. Handzus was one of two Flyers to play in all 82 regular season games last season and has yet to miss a game as a Flyer.

The 27 year-old pivot was acquired, along with Robert Esche, from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for Brian Boucher and Nashville's third round pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft in June of 2002.

In six NHL seasons with the St. Louis Blues, Phoenix and the Flyers, Handzus has posted 248 points and 269 penalty minutes in 436 regular season games.

i got my Flyers mail today!! Telling me hurry up and get my season tix since im a flyers fan.

I still dont know why i get these.. jsut started this past season but the game we went to was at the end of the year and on my boyfriends credit card!!

I dont get devils mail :(

Compensation: 2004/05 $2,800,000.00

If he's signed for three years at that salary, that's a wise move by Clarke.

langsgirl, I can relate to you there. I charged tickets once for a Ranger-Devil game and ever since (only Devil game i ever purchased tix for), I get email sent to me from the Devils website.

langsgirl, I can relate to you there. I charged tickets once for a Ranger-Devil game and ever since (only Devil game i ever purchased tix for), I get email sent to me from the Devils website.

thats funny.!!! And i purchase tix for devils games all the TIME... i get letters from the fan club.. but thats all.. not from the devils or CAA.. and i never purchased tix to flyers.. i went to one a game there a few yrs ago but im almost positive i paid cash at the window...even if i did pay by card... they didnt send me the mail for a few yrs... just this past season.. uh oh maybe their sales arent as good :P

thats funny.!!! And i purchase tix for devils games all the TIME... i get letters from the fan club.. but thats all.. not from the devils or CAA.. and i never purchased tix to flyers.. i went to one a game there a few yrs ago but im almost positive i paid cash at the window...even if i did pay by card... they didnt send me the mail for a few yrs... just this past season.. uh oh maybe their sales arent as good :P

You probably charged it because I did charge my card for tix for games in Philly, Long Island, and Atlantic City and I get stuff from them now. I think they put you on their mailing list when you charge your card. I get stuff from the Devils but that might be because im a season ticket holder.

Edited by NJDEVILICEONFIRE

i charge devils games all the time.. but i didnt get my credit card till 4 yrs ago and the philly game i went to was 99% definite before i had a credit card.. all i used was cash back then!

i seriously dont think i did.. all i can think is if someone signed me up on a mailing list of a flyer site.. i had a friend who was a flyer fan.. maybe their email list he typed in or something.. i dunno.

Or devils gave them my info when i purchased for devs flyers at CAA!