Gomez gets 1 yr @ $2.9 mill at arbitration

Elias Sports Bureau

Doesn't have the talent for an East Final?  Are you high, Ice Man?

Right now they have a stellar top 6 defenders and the best goalie in the league.  All they are missing is a physical presence up front and a 2nd line RW.

They have a physical presence up front... just not a great one... we still need a RWer who can snipe...

Edited by Devildude

Triumph, Offense Offense Offense.

They have to score goals.

Also Triumph I am not sure that the Devils have a stellar top 6 defense. Right now they have Nieder, Rafalski, White, Martin sounds like a 1 stellar 3 very good to me. Yes they also have Hale, & Matvichuk maybe Stevens but these three aren't IMO in the Stellar Top 6. Goaltending is strong.

Edited by Ice Man

Derek, which is better, losing in the first round or not getting into the first round?

If you are a true hockey fan and team fan? It's a talent issue for the Devils Offensive talent or lack thereof to get the job done.

Why bitch there won't be a season next year and if there is a shorten season it won't be the same.

Rangers need youth and Messier to hang it up or go elsewhere.

Ice, I will never get you. Your team is keeping almost all of its players. They're going to have Parise too probably in the fold and Stevens is going to comeback.

I don't see how the Devils aren't a contender to win it all. They have plenty of options up front and the D is still top notch and goalie ditto.

It's not always about talent either. But about the quality of player depth a team has. The Devils talent level isn't as bad as you think either.

Edited by Derek21

*sigh*

Ice Man, the Devils do NOT have the budget to enter ANY season with a top-flight offense. The only season they did (00-01), Elias and Sykora were making 1.7 million combined. They focus on defense and goaltending first. If they can acquire offensive players through the season to improve the team, they will.

Only top budget teams, teams who have gone through several seasons of losing, or teams whose priorities are flawed can enter any season with a great offense. The Devils aren't any of those three.

The Devils could have as many as 5 20 goal scorers next season, and I believe 8 players on the roster have scored 20 or more goals in a season, and all of them are 31 or younger. Right now their offense is average. Not enough to win a Stanley Cup, I agree, but I'd be worried if it was.

So keep saying the sky is falling, just like it was all through 2003.

Edited by Triumph

He doesn't have the talent for a cup final as of today or an East final.

Ridiculous! The Devils weren't supposed to win in 1995 or 2000. They weren't supposed to be "talented" enough to compete with the Wings/offense of Dallas. 2003 was a plesant suprise and the Devils hardly had the talent they did in 95 or 00.Make no mistake, when you have a goalie by the name of Martin Brodeur on your team you ALWAYS have a chance to win it all.

He doesn't have the talent for a cup final as of today or an East final.

Ridiculous! The Devils weren't supposed to win in 1995 or 2000. They weren't supposed to be "talented" enough to compete with the Wings/offense of Dallas. 2003 was a plesant suprise and the Devils hardly had the talent they did in 95 or 00.Make no mistake, when you have a goalie by the name of Martin Brodeur on your team you ALWAYS have a chance to win it all.

no way, broduer hasnt carried the team since '94. ever since then he has been spectacular at times, and been a real consistant clutch top 5 goaltender, but he has never brought the team to the finals by himself, say the way giggy did for the ducks in 03 (just as a quick ex.) and he probibly never will.

no way, broduer hasnt carried the team since '94. ever since then he has been spectacular at times, and been a real consistant clutch top 5 goaltender, but he has never brought the team to the finals by himself, say the way giggy did for the ducks in 03 (just as a quick ex.) and he probibly never will.

Your argument is good. But you do realize it's not going to be a popular opinion here, right?

Your argument is good. But you do realize it's not going to be a popular opinion here, right?

yeah i know, im expecting some backlash, but im an honest devils fan, i think broduer is a terrific goaltender, probably the best in the game and closing in on best ever, but he doesnt carry the devils, and he shouldnt have to either. its a team game and the devils have the best defensive core (including marty) in the game.