Blackwood traded to SJ for a 6th - Weekes

Devil Dan 56

54 minutes ago, SeanMac16 said:

See, I thought the same thing this season before Akira came up. I was like "you know what Blackwood can do this #2 thing I think". And then he got hurt AGAIN. that was the breaking point for me. He can't stay healthy even as a #2 IF he could I think he'd be a great back up but he's shown us time and time again...he cant.

Since that one good stretch he had a few years ago, he hasn’t seized his chances, whether it was because of injury or subpar play. Vitek and Akira did seize their chances. And that’s the story.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Since that one good stretch he had a few years ago, he hasn’t seized his chances, whether it was because of injury or subpar play. Vitek and Akira did seize their chances. And that’s the story.

100% correct. Subpar play is quickly forgiven in the case of Schmid if you do what he did. Then Vanecek came in and was great during his year one. 

Injuries prevented Blackwood from becoming reliable and consistent. You can't have one good year and be a starter. You have to put together consistent stats and years. I think others are right that he's a perfectly serviceable backup if he can stay healthy, but often injured isn't a great quality in a backup either. Maybe he'll hit a string of good injury luck and be good in SJ. He's going to see as much rubber as he was seeing in his early years in NJ. 

Edited by RizzMB30