2024 New York Mets Season Thread

Yep, same old Mets.  Nothing from the loser twins of course.

Maybe when JD Martinez gets around to, ya know, playing baseball, maybe he’ll help.

Hope Stearns can make a good deal and get someone to take Pete Kingman off the Mets’ hands.  Someone else can make the mistake of paying him a fortune.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Damn, Nimmo makes it a new game.

And Nimmo does it AGAIN.

If only the loser twins had that in them.

Gotta give (some of) the Mets some kudos for fighting back.  Didn’t think that they had it in them.

Alonso is SO overrated.  13 K already this season.

Oh and just in case we forgot, Drew fvcking Smith is forever an implosion waiting to happen.  But in Metsland, guys like him are gifted season after season to prove it.

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL no Diaz, is there any doubt how this will end?

They actually hung on…with d’Arnaud at the plate, it felt like a game-winning two-run jack was coming.

Big win.  But still in a hole.

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Feels like our first win there in like five years lol, at least we played spoiler on the 50th anniversary of 715 :P

Yeah at 4-0, it felt like the Mets were about to be throughly outclassed yet again.  Never expected a win tonight.

Amazing that they’re 4-6 after an 0-5 start AND getting next to nothing from the loser twins.  Guess we should be happy under the circumstances.

Well at least the Mets managed to win a series against the Braves...IN Atlanta no less.  And have won 5 out of 7 since losing their first five.

Who knows...maybe, just maybe

YARN | These guys ain't so F'n bad! | Major League (1989) | Video clips by  quotes | 6ca9fdc0 | 紗

• Like 1

Nice win tonight…14 hits and 6 runs for the offense.  Nimmo with 11 RBI already this season.  Baty off to a nice start too.

To be sniffing a .500 record this early after starting 0-5…gotta give the Mets some kudos here.  And they were SO close to starting off 0-6.

Posted (edited)

It got back to lovey dovey in a hurry, eh? Especially with Cohen imploring the crowd to cheer Lindor a la Phillies fans with Trea Turner and…they listened lol

To his credit, I don’t think Lindor gets enough of it for his work with Baty and Vientos this off-season, it’d be easy for a guy like that to count his money and not give a fig about anyone else but he does that and for his streakiness on the field, he posts pretty much every game.

Edited by NJDevs4978

11 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

It got back to lovey dovey in a hurry, eh? Especially with Cohen imploring the crowd to cheer Lindor a la Phillies fans with Trea Turner and…they listened lol

To his credit, I don’t think Lindor gets enough of it for his work with Baty and Vientos this off-season, it’d be easy for a guy like that to count his money and not give a fig about anyone else but he does that and for his streakiness on the field, he posts pretty much every game.

Not lovey dovey, as much as giving them some kudos for not allowing 0-5 to become, say, 3-10.  They’ve at least put themselves in a reasonable position to be relevant, as long as they don’t go through another losing streak anytime soon.  After 0-5, I couldn’t have asked for much more than that.

I’m still not a big believer in Lindor and Alonso in big spots, but Lindor does seem to give a damn and seems to want to be a good teammate.  And I gotta admit, the crowd getting behind him instead of booing him…something kinda cool about that.  Maybe it even helps…why not?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Guess who’s behind the plate again?

The fact that this absolute ASSCLOWN still has a fvcking job makes baseball difficult to take seriously sometimes.  There are literally HOURS of outright fvckups on Angel’s part on tape.  And yet he gets to keep on keepin’ on.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The fact that this absolute ASSCLOWN still has a fvcking job makes baseball difficult to take seriously sometimes.  There are literally HOURS of outright fvckups on Angel’s part on tape.  And yet he gets to keep on keepin’ on.  

As I mentioned the other day, his peers apparently love him, which I’m sure goes a long toward keeping him employed.  For whatever reason, umpires are treated as though they’re untouchable, and when they band together, even the people with the power to do something about them are loath to take action.

Not their day so far

Sucks to score 7 runs and still lose.  Oh well.

At least Jose Butto was able to pitch like Doc for a day...geez.

Almost seems like typical Mets luck that a unexpected rain storm dumped on the retirement ceremony.  For the misgivings I have on retiring both Doc and Darryl (and part of the reason I didn't spend my whole day going for about $30 total), the fact Darryl was able to make it there so soon after his heart attack was a real nice moment.

• Like 1

Nice series win.  Not so sure I would’ve retired Doc’s number, but it is what it is.  If the Mets can hover around .500 for a bit, I’ll take it.  

Back to .500, needing just 11 games to do it after that 0-5 start.  Credit to them for digging out of the hole that quickly.  Hope that they can avoid falling back.

I got a bad feeling about the Devils really early on with the way they struggled and weren’t even impressive in wins. So far the Mets have been the opposite since the opening week, finding ways to win and even fighting in the losses

For now I’m just happy that this season didn’t end before it ever had a chance to begin.  You fall to 10 games below .500 early and it’s plenty hard to come back from that…that felt like a real possibility at 0-5.

The Mets are only 2.5 games out of first and only a game back in the wild card.  Crazy early but nice to not be where a team like the Marlins are.  I’m not sold on the Mets, but at least they’re not dead in April.