2024 New York Mets Season Thread

Nope, Loser pops out to finish the game.  Hey, at least he made contact that time.

Seriously, fvck him.

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Nope, Loser pops out to finish the game.  Hey, at least he made contact that time.

Seriously, fvck him.

I’ve an idea.  How ‘bout Lindor and Judge trade boroughs for two weeks?

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I’ve an idea.  How ‘bout Lindor and Judge trade boroughs for two weeks?

Sure why the fvck not?!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sure why the fvck not?!

Semi-related, but Jon Heyman recently wrote a ridiculous article suggesting that if the Mets don’t re-sign Pete Alonso, the Yankees should grab him.  What the hell makes him think the Yankees would even be interested?  They’ve enough slow-footed right-handed hitters as is.

4 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Semi-related, but Jon Heyman recently wrote a ridiculous article suggesting that if the Mets don’t re-sign Pete Alonso, the Yankees should grab him.  What the hell makes him think the Yankees would even be interested?  They’ve enough slow-footed right-handed hitters as is.

Yeah I saw that…that if somehow the Mets were to sign Soto, that the Yanks should sign Alonso.

I don’t even want the Mets to re-sign him.  I think his skill set is going to age very poorly…his game has already become too much about hitting home runs.  He doesn’t really bring much else…doesn’t draw a ton of walks, doesn’t hit many doubles, and strikes out a lot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I saw that…that if somehow the Mets were to sign Soto, that the Yanks should sign Alonso.

I don’t even want the Mets to re-sign him.  I think his skill set is going to age very poorly…his game has already become too much about hitting home runs.  He doesn’t really bring much else…doesn’t draw a ton of walks, doesn’t hit many doubles, and strikes out a lot.

I’d imagine a team starving for offense will pay Pete, but probably nowhere near what he’s seeking.  I could see him being unsigned when camps open next February.

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I’d imagine a team starving for offense will pay Pete, but probably nowhere near what he’s seeking.  I could see him being unsigned when camps open next February.

Depends on how humbled Bora$ is feeling.  He’ll get a nice chunk…but part of that will depend on the kind of season he has this year.  

• Like 1

Man whatever temporarily good feelings there were from that 12-3 burst…they’re evaporating quickly.

45 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man whatever temporarily good feelings there were from that 12-3 burst…they’re evaporating quickly.

If it makes you feel any better, your old buddy Marcus Stroman was spotted a 4-0 lead this afternoon and eventually gave it all back.  I can see why he’s bounced around so much over the past few seasons.

1 hour ago, ButlerBulldog said:

If it makes you feel any better, your old buddy Marcus Stroman was spotted a 4-0 lead this afternoon and eventually gave it all back.  I can see why he’s bounced around so much over the past few seasons.

You are going to grow to despise him.  He’s basically a pretty good pitcher (who doesn’t win THAT much) who carries himself like a WS champ and a multiple Cy Young winner.  He’s an annoying punk to boot.  

42 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well at least Vientos finally did something in the bigs

At least they remain over .500 for the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You are going to grow to despise him.  He’s basically a pretty good pitcher (who doesn’t win THAT much) who carries himself like a WS champ and a multiple Cy Young winner.  He’s an annoying punk to boot.  

At least they remain over .500 for the moment.

The thing that’s bothering me about him at the moment is that he’s not giving the Yankees any length in his outings.  Even with the way starters are managed nowadays, a number-three starter should be able to go a full six innings.  Stroman has been hitting a wall around 5+ innings, and he didn’t make it through five today.

12 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

The thing that’s bothering me about him at the moment is that he’s not giving the Yankees any length in his outings.  Even with the way starters are managed nowadays, a number-three starter should be able to go a full six innings.  Stroman has been hitting a wall around 5+ innings, and he didn’t make it through five today.

Whatever you need out of him…he’ll find a way to give you less.  He’s not as good as HE thinks he is.

BTW he didn’t even reach 140 IP in either of the past two seasons.  His days as a somewhat durable innings eater are well in the past.

• Like 1

So Stro has allowed 36 baserunners in his last 19.2 IP (4 starts), and 5 HR to boot.  That is really REALLY bad…he’s lucky the Yankees have gone 4-2 in his starts, because disappointing Yankees don’t usually get to fly under the radar for long.  

• Vomiting 1

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So Stro has allowed 36 baserunners in his last 19.2 IP (4 starts), and 5 HR to boot.  That is really REALLY bad…he’s lucky the Yankees have gone 4-2 in his starts, because disappointing Yankees don’t usually get to fly under the radar for long.  

Yeah, he lucked out this weekend because the Yankees’ offense woke up, but I’m not confident in his ability to win a low-scoring game given his inability to keep opponents from getting on base and, as I mentioned above, his difficulties eating innings.  The two issues are undeniably related, as he’s needing a lot of pitches to get through innings where he allows baserunners, and his command isn’t good enough for him to breeze through innings in which he’s unscathed.

So hopefully this means that MLB players won't be playing in Chinese-knockoff-quality uniforms for too much longer?

MLB is going to fix the uniform mistakes Nike made (msn.com)

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So hopefully this means that MLB players won't be playing in Chinese-knockoff-quality uniforms for too much longer?

MLB is going to fix the uniform mistakes Nike made (msn.com)

I may be in the minority, but I think MLB is as much to blame for this fiasco as Nike.  Did none of the higher-ups think to have players try out sample uniforms before they were mass produced and distributed to each team?

15 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I may be in the minority, but I think MLB is as much to blame for this fiasco as Nike.  Did none of the higher-ups think to have players try out sample uniforms before they were mass produced and distributed to each team?

Oh I agree…PLENTY of blame to go around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh I agree…PLENTY of blame to go around.

One other facet of this situation that’s bothering me: MLB is absolving Fanatics of any wrongdoing.  I hope that doesn’t give them the impression they can screw up the NHL’s uniforms.

Damn, there goes the no-hitter for Severino.

Of course the usual suspects aren’t hitting, so this is very much a losable game.  

15 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Mets aren’t really gonna lose a game after a seven inning no hitter are they? 🫣

Yep