Michael Moore planning sequel

LOTCB

Ron Silver, a smart Democrat.

Nice spin job.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spin? You were asking who this actor Ron was.........and it's Ron Silver, who is a lifelong Demoncrat........what spin are you talking about?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the "spin" he was referring to was the fact that because Silver was supporting Bush you actually called a Democrat smart, Jimmy. Is that the first one you have ever called smart in public??? :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, aside from that Sue, it was perfectly okay for Jimmy to support a celebrity like Silver who spoke at the RNC. But Michael Moore is labeled "the face of the Dems" because he sat next to Jimmy Carter :blink:.

LOL

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why do you insist in putting words in my mouth?

Please enlighten me as to where I said I "supported" him?

Of course you'll never respond because I didn't.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You just don't get it, do you? You come on here childishly labeling Michael Moore "the new face of the Dems" because he sat next to Jimmy Carter at the DNC.

One of the dumbest labels I've ever seen.

But you act like your party's sh*t doesn't stink. Like they don't have celebrities supporting them???

What do you call Ron Silver? And at least you don't see me or a Puddy, Has or Rowdy unfairly labeling Silver "the new face of the Republicans" even though he spoke in support of W at the RNC.

Also, Moore attended the RNC as well. How come you never mention that?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Republicans began basing campaign slogans and talking points on stuff Ron Silver said in a fraudelent movie that he'd made, then you'd have a point.

And Moore was there reporting for USA Today, like you didn't know that.

Nice try though.

So, you're basis is that you feel our candidates don't have their own agenda? I just don't buy it.

Btw... a few years ago, when Clinton was in office and the Republicans were down, who's face was always on TV? Rush Limbaugh.

Maybe back then, he was "the new face of the rights." :evil:

But you act like your party's sh*t doesn't stink. Like they don't have celebrities supporting them???

Of course the Republicans do have celebrities that support them, but you didnt see many of them like John Travolta for example going out to the media and giving "Vote or Die" messages or going on tour with Bruce $pring$teen either.

Some of the celebs who wanted to vote for Senator Kerry thought by just going on the attack of the President, that would seal the election for Kerry, but IMO that strategy is exactly why Kerry lost.

Nah, close though. Rush has been on since '88, sorta like the Devils.

My point, and I guess you don't even want to get it, is that after Fahr.9/11 came out, the Dems talking points started mirroring ideas from the movie. i.e. 'My Pet Goat' and Bush sitting there for 6 minutes while the world burned around him. All of a sudden, that's a Kerry campaign stop talking point.

Of course the Republicans do have celebrities that support them, but you didnt see many of them like John Travolta for example going out to the media and giving "Vote or Die" messages or going on tour with Bruce $pring$teen either.

Some of the celebs who wanted to vote for Senator Kerry thought by just going on the attack of the President, that would seal the election for Kerry, but IMO that strategy is exactly why Kerry lost.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, this is sad but true. The whole musician slant was moronic. They thought by getting involved, it would work. When in reality, it had more of a negative affect.

I love how this frustrates the left because they have no market here, and talk radio is 90% conservative.  The Big 3 has been liberal for so long that they feel it's their God given right.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

First of all, the "left" suffers two problems in talk radio. First is a lack of compelling personalities to sell (although I think Randi Rhodes is the best I've heard). The second is a lack of "fair and balanced" media giants willing to put on that programming on a nationally syndicated level.

The reason they don't, of course, is that conservatives get ratings. And why do they? Because people like me listen to get angry. Someone like me is as part of Rush's or Hannity's success as someone like Leeds or TK.

<JESTER>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.