Schwab Starts Tonight

CMONPETEYD

is anyone listening to the FAN?

Someone else I just taked to said Marty was just on and he will be in nets.

Starting Schwab this game makes no sense. Maybe it was like when Tampa did not start Bulin against you, but that still doesn't make any sense.

NO question that would send a message. Like saying, here you go boys, big game and Marty won't be their to bail your asses out, lets see how you respond.

Win or lose it would have a positive impact. Also it gets your back-up into a no lose situation.

He wins, he came through.

He loses, the team did not have any fire.

Sid & Jody were saying something yesterday about 'wouldn't it be funny' if the Devs played with the Rangers' heads by puuting Schwab in there. You know, they wouldn't play the back-up against Buffalo, or Atlanta, but they'll put him in against the Rangers. I'd be shocked, though. Nobody but Marty has started against the Rags since 1994.

Although initally I thought the logic sucked, its points the gun squarely at the heads of your team, and with their record, not to mention the fact this is NOVEMBER, more I think about it the more I like this move.

Its about winning the WAR not the BATTLE. War is won in May and June.

Team is jacked up, most likey they will bring their "A" game, he starts Marty tonight they probably win. Then say Schwab is the guy for the next game, you chances of losing that game are darn good. Classic letdown.

Then comes back with Marty and they win the next one. Guess what, they proved they can only win with Marty.

You win tonight with the back-up it means the team played well (saying that Schawb will have 40 saves tonight), keeps things rolling. You lose, means team played not so well, and you have a loss to light a fire under their asses with.

I like this move for two reasons:

1) Why lie, I want the Rangers to win and this increases their chances (if true)

2) If I was a Devil fan, the lasting message it sends to the Devils. You do something do it big. You plunk a guy, throw at Jeter, not Enrique Wilson. Bench somone bench Lindors, not Purinton.