An unpleasant suprise uncovered

LOTCB

Dave Thomas is rolling in his grave

Officials: Diner finds finger in chili

Thursday, March 24, 2005 Posted: 8:48 AM EST (1348 GMT)

SAN FRANCISCO, California (Reuters) -- A diner at a Wendy's fast food restaurant in San Jose, California, found a human finger in a bowl of chili prepared by the chain, local officials said Wednesday.

"This individual apparently did take a spoonful, did have a finger in their mouth and then, you know, spit it out and recognized it," said Ben Gale, director of the department of environmental health for Santa Clara County. "Then they had some kind of emotional reaction and vomited."

Local officials launched an investigation after the incident Tuesday night and the medical examiner determined Wednesday that the object was a human finger.

Officials are trying to determine whether the finger came in the raw materials Wendy's used to prepare the chili, Gale said.

Wendy's International Inc. corporate office did not immediately return a call for comment. Wendy's is the third-largest hamburger chain.

• 4 weeks later...

Turns out this might not be Wendy's fault... sounds like someone's clever scheme to make a few bucks.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nati...2_finger16.html

Saturday, April 16, 2005 - Page updated at 12:00 a.m.

Wendy's offers $100,000 reward for "chili finger's" original owner

By The Associated Press and Knight Ridder Newspapers

Somewhere out there is a woman, dead or alive, who is missing part of a well-manicured finger about 1

I was just telling my bf about this the other day... i said i heard that shed is known to bring up lawsuits.. and how dumb can someone be.. do it once, maybe twice.. but youre gonna get caught after that....

and it sucks cause then ya give a place like Wendys a bad rap. Not that Im a fan of fast food... but if i ate there itsz something that would have affected my wanting to eat there