Replacement player numbers

Rock

This is not about whether replacement players are right or wrong. Let's say for some reason or another replacement players happen and you are at a game.

The fake Devils come out and in net is # 30 Willie Makasave

#4 Steve Scottson #11 Pat Sumerall #27 Greg Marmalade etc.

1. Do you think the teams will give out the #'s of the star players/and or the players? Or will they issue higher #s (in the 40s and 50s)?

2. Do you think the Devils will do it?

3. How would you feel the Devils gave out these numbers to replacement players?

I very much doubt that they would let replacement players use the numbers that we expect will be retired someday - specifically 30 and 4. But I think the rest are all fair game. I doubt Lou will stray from his strict "no high numbers" philosophy (unless you are traded to the team).

If they lowered the prices of tickets, I definitely go see Makasave and Marmalade.

There's a lot of talent and I don't think the level of the game will go down because of replacement players.

Still, the big names won't be there, and some fans may decide to boy-cott the whole thing.

In junior hockey, a player usually plays for 4 years or less with a team, I don't mind the constantly changing rosters. In fact, I like seeing new guys on the ice.