A Friggin' Tomb

Jimmy Leeds

Dead HORSE. The ARENA SUCKS ASS

I don't care about the friggin' arena. I'm not there to go "ooooooh, this is pretty."

I LOVE going to CAA!!!!!! And I will miss it when it's no more.

But the economy is TOTALLY part of it.

So if you can go to say... one game a month, I don't think an early-week Blues game is gonna get the nod.

I have to say from watching the game on Center Ice last night - I don't know how players who have been used to better fan involvement can enjoy playing in an environment like the CAA. I don't mean that it would affect their play or anything like that, at all. Just that they must miss a little noise now and then. ;)

It sounded like the teams were playing in a closed rink with no audience at all.

The worst game I've EVER seen fan participation-wise was in Dallas.

If the Stars aren't leading, there's nothing. I'm quite sure the Devils heard us cheering for them from the top row in that beautiful, brand spanking new arena.

I heard noise on Center Ice. I heard it for sustained pressure, I heard it for goals, I heard it for saves. I heard nothing in Dallas last March in a packed arena. Kudos to the 8,000 or so who WERE in NJ last night. I wish I was too. I already miss it.

Hey IG, have you spoken to Sheeps lately?

When's he coming back from his self-imposed exile?

SBT, I talk to him occasionally. Things are hectic for us (and most other collegiates) because it's finals week, or close to it. I think that's also playing a role in Bill's (Sheeps) lack of participation on the boards.

I'll be seeing him in a week or less, though, and I'll try to remember to ask him.

The boards ain't the same without him.

The worst game I've EVER seen fan participation-wise was in Dallas.

If the Stars aren't leading, there's nothing. I'm quite sure the Devils heard us cheering for them from the top row in that beautiful, brand spanking new arena.

Was that last year? If so, I definitely believe it. The AAC was horrible for the Stars last year, and everyone was saying how bad it was compared to the old Reunion Arena. Apparently it's better this year. (I wouldn't know. :lol: )

I can recall Holik commenting on the attendence. He said that the players all knew that they didn't draw well until after the first of the year. With th exception of Ranger and Flyer games they didn't expect much until January.

Lets face it, the market has lost 33% of its value over the past two years. We are in a war against terrorism, with the possibility of going to war with Iraq within the next couple of months.

Frankly, I would be a little worried if we DIDN'T have attendence problems. People have alot to be concerned about. New Jersey is announcing plans for small pox vaccines, Washington keeps talking about a 9-11 type attack. People have alot on their plates. Attending a hockey game at $40-$50 per ticket shouldn't even be a topic of importance. Its a game. It may be a game that we love watching but its a game.

Dead HORSE. The ARENA SUCKS ASS

I don't care about the friggin' arena. I'm not there to go "ooooooh, this is pretty."

I LOVE going to CAA!!!!!! And I will miss it when it's no more.

But the economy is TOTALLY part of it.

So if you can go to say... one game a month, I don't think an early-week Blues game is gonna get the nod.

I love going to the CAA. And the diehards go to CAA. This isn't the market for diehards. This is the casual fan market. And for the casual fan, it sucks. We've gone over this...Search for a bitching session of mine. :evil:

Lets face it, the market has lost 33% of its value over the past two years.  We are in a war against terrorism, with the possibility of going to war with Iraq within the next couple of months.  

Frankly, I would be a little worried if we DIDN'T have attendence problems.  People have alot to be concerned about.  New Jersey is announcing plans for small pox vaccines, Washington keeps talking about a 9-11 type attack.  People have alot on their plates.  Attending a hockey game at $40-$50 per ticket shouldn't even be a topic of importance.  Its a game.  It may be a game that we love watching but its a game.

History begs to differ -- the entertainment business was at it's peak during WWII and thrived during the depression oddly enough.

We need our escapes. They must be affordable escapes however. $25 a ticket in the upper level (meaning the $52-$70 seats) and free parking - throw in $1.50 beverages and the place would be packed!

The REALLY scary part is that one of these years, this team will be lousy. What will the attendance be like then

That is a scary thought. I think part of the problem is that Hockey in general is the type of sport that does not attract new fans at the rate of football or basketball. Most of us have been Devils fans since the team moved to NJ. Those of us who did not start rooting for the Devils simply stuck with the Rags or Isles. The Devils have always been behind the 8 ball in this regard.