Any Interest In These Guys?

sundstrom

Bolts need help on blueline

(Dec. 16th) The Tampa Bay Lightning are looking to deal Brian Holzinger and Shane Willis in hopes of acquiring some depth on defense. According to the Tampa Tribune, the Lightning don't need a Kyle McLaren, a question mark because of his history of injuries and current holdout. Tampa Bay needs a player who can play in his end and be counted on late in games to help protect a lead until Jassen Cullimore comes back from injury, which won't be until March at the earliest.

Holzinger and Willis really aren't much, but it leads me to think that a defenseman could get something better from TB.

Keeping this in mind, I find it hard to believe that the Devils aren't in a position of extreme strength if they were looking to trade right now. Everything you read says how every team is looking for defense, except of course the Devils, who it could be said have a plethora (Jefe, would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?) of defenseman. With the offensive struggles, I'd find it hard to believe that if we were to package on of our defenseman, Newy, and Danton, that we couldn't bring back a considerable offensive talent.

Any thoughts?

One thought: I think I like all our proven defensemen. Do you think tevy could net anything? I like the few glimmers I see in him anyhow so not sure I'd go there even. Well...that leaves Alby..(you didn't specify GOOD thoughts)

My thoughts are more along the line of Jeez I'm tired and maybe a little bored with this second guessing and mix and matching.

Another thought -- so what would it take to make everyone happy? We look just as good as Ottawa (Really, insert any name you like here) and yet they're slated to get the cup...the Devils to go out in the first round-- ah no - the Flames are winning the cup, that's right **sigh** Cause they have so much more...WHAT??? than the Devils? WHAT?

:mellow: ...what do you all want? It's mind numbing participating because I see no great or significant change in anyone's suggestions as far as aquisitions etc. are concerned. Unless it's a psychological boost a la Claude I see no savior out there for the Devils. They just have to make up their minds to save themselves. and I don't think they're doing that bad a job of it as of yet. Do you all want to see them tank so at least we'll be out of this limbo?

well anyhow...I'm tired. Oh but anyhow -- I actually liked this post sund...sorry I chose to go off here - you inspired me to think about it...but then I realized how tired I am of thinking about it! I wish there was a Devils game every night I guess 'cause at heart I'm the bang your head against the wall constantly because you'll have to break through eventually right? Who cares if there's an unlocked door just to my right!

I'm riding the PK wavelength today, cause again I agree.

How much weaker are we the Senators? Not much, we have everything they have personnel-wise. What we also have are guys in slumps -- and there's the difference.

I'd like a power forward for Christmas, but if it doesn't happen, it doesn't.

I'm so Pollyanna about it, but I like this team.

And I want games every night too!! Saturday to Wednesday particularly sucks. I like having one on my weekend. And I get zippo this week which hacks me off going into a six-day work week. No wait, that's on the other side when I'm working Christmas...

While I think our defensive core and Goaltending is much better then Ottawa, but there is no denying that Ottawa has much more depth at Offense then the Devils. Bonk, Hossa, Havlat are all underrated players that are a thrill to watch if you can catch an Ottawa game on national television. Ottawa is a lot like the Devils where there players don't get much attention and not enough recognition around the league.