NJDevs4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah, they're looking for some revenue sharing this year

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are they elligible?

They need to have a Demographic Market Area of 2.5 million or fewer TV households. I'm trying to find were I would get those numbers.

No the Devils aren't eligible, niether are the Ducks or Isles (All from THN article).

8. Washington, DC (Hagrstwn) - 2,241,610

http://www.nielsenmedia.com/DMAs.html

Looks like they make the cut. I don't believe that the number of teams in the area has any impact according to what I have read. It is strictly the market number, not how it is divided.

Edited by L

You never know - it is based on revenues not payroll.

REVENUE SHARING

Will enhanced revenue sharing be part of the new CBA?

Yes. The League has committed to enhanced revenue sharing in an amount that is necessary to allow all Clubs the ability to afford competitive payrolls within the payroll range.

What Clubs will be eligible for revenue-sharing subsidies?

All Clubs that: (1) are ranked in the bottom half (bottom 15) in League revenues, and (2) operate in markets with a Demographic Market Area of 2.5 million or fewer TV households.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/index.html

Just for gits and shiggles, if the Devils did end up with Bonzai, would you stick him on the wing with Gomez and hope for Mogilny Part Deux? It would break up the EGGers, but it would put Gomez with a sniper.

Then throw Gio and Elias around Parise! (I'm just thinking out loud here...)

<JESTER>

Don't know how many people concern themselves with the Blue Jackets, but what's the goalie situation in Columbus? They just signed Prusek, but they have a starter in Denis.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I said earlier, prusek would play the fred brathwaite role and simply play 20 some games.

Denis improved greately last year being more fresh most of the year. In the 77 some game year he was great for the season except for the last month and a half when he died due to exhaustion and his numbers rockted. But last year while he still had trouble with those late goals or early goals, he was much better and his numbers showed it.

Prusek is just coming in for back up duties.

I said earlier, prusek would play the fred brathwaite role and simply play 20 some games.

Denis improved greately last year being more fresh most of the year. In the 77 some game year he was great for the season except for the last month and a half when he died due to exhaustion and his numbers rockted. But last year while he still had trouble with those late goals or early goals, he was much better and his numbers showed it.

Prusek is just coming in for back up duties.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hope that Denis gets early arthritis! Prusek is a quality goalie who deserves a shot at being number one. He's been waiting to be starter forever, and he put up some great stats in the Extraliga.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.