A Ranger observation

Jerrydevil

It's only three games in, but I see in the Rangers a team that has more grit than it has had in a long time. They were no pushover tonight and they've beaten the Flyers. They still don't have a ton of talent, but it was no picnic playing them tonight.

Derek, you gotta like that they benched Poti and traded Balej. The Rangers are sending a message that soft, lazy hockey won't be tolerated. Maybe the Rangers finally have a coach who won't put up with Madison Square Garden Country Club.

I dont know about grit but I felt like I was watching european hockey, these new rules seem to take away the physical part of the game .... especially in the front of the net. It weird but it seems like everyone and their uncle can ram Broduer but as a defenseman you can't clear the front of the net .... especially on the power play .

It's only three games in, but I see in the Rangers a team that has more grit than it has had in a long time. They were no pushover tonight and they've beaten the Flyers. They still don't have a ton of talent, but it was no picnic playing them tonight.

Derek, you gotta like that they benched Poti and traded Balej. The Rangers are sending a message that soft, lazy hockey won't be tolerated. Maybe the Rangers finally have a coach who won't put up with Madison Square Garden Country Club.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Jerry. I am very happy with the progress. Renney wanted the team to play more disciplined tonight and well, the lesson was learned.

I also will agree that while they're short on talent, they seem to be more gritty than in the past. I would have liked to have seen Prucha given more PP time. He really makes things happen out there.

Other observation: Our Euros (really Czechs) were tough for the Devils to take off the puck on the cycle. They are skilled but most fans label them soft but I haven't noticed that yet.

Again, I'm not expecting playoffs. That's totally unrealistic. The East has some great teams and it's very competitive.

It's like I said. Give me a team that shows up most nights and I'll take it.

In spite of the incompetence of Sather, Renney has this minor league talented team playing wiith heart. Renney should get all of the credit, he is the first coach the Rangers have had since Keenan who actually knows what he is doing.

Alot of respect for Renney