I couldn't sleep so....

UnderDogX

Well, it's about 2:30am here in Jersey and I couldn't sleep so I (for reasons completely unknown to me :D ) I decided to take a crack at the banner on the main page...It started out as just an updated version of the main logo (for a sig or something) but then I took a crack at redesigning the whole banner...not that there is anything wrong with the current banner or logo but I couldn't sleep and was bored so let me know what you think...

My version of the main page banner

I like it, but as PK said anything that looks to close to their logo/artwork always has Mr Devs VP emailing me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks everyone....glad it was liked but I completely understand...but seeing as how in my 2:30am daze I forgot to save before I merged all the layers and thus will have to redo the logo from scratch I'm not sure if its really worth the trouble :D...hehe...but anyway again I'm glad it was liked!!

Ah time to prepare an email to the New Jersey Devils Organization...:evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great...I appreciate everyone who said they like it...if you are serious about emailing the Devils to ask permission on using it then here is a pic of just the logo. Again, Thanks for all the positive responses!

NJDlogo.jpg

Ah time to prepare an email to the New Jersey Devils Organization...:evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's great...I appreciate everyone who said they like it...if you are serious about emailing the Devils to ask permission on using it then here is a pic of just the logo. Again, Thanks for all the positive responses!

NJDlogo.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No man that was just me messing with njdevils_info about his unauthorized usage. He knows it's all good....or should.

And yes, I should have mentioned I did like your graphic!

I can't understand WHY though.... I mean this isn't for profit. This is just a forum for Devils fans... growing their product for free.

I guess any kind of marketing is the antithesis of the organisation. Free marketing is even worse.

Check out Ranger's cafe's banner.

Edited by Don

I can't understand WHY though.... I mean this isn't for profit. This is just a forum for Devils fans... growing their product for free.

I guess any kind of marketing is the antithesis of the organisation. Free marketing is even worse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure the Devils are not the only ones that care. They probably don't want to take the chance of their logo being associated with anything possibly negative or something they can't control. This board is perhaps the most popular Devils board so they probably pay attention.

I'm sure the Devils are not the only ones that care. They probably don't want to take the chance of their logo being associated with anything possibly negative or something they can't control. This board is perhaps the most popular Devils board so they probably pay attention.

Yea that is partly right. I think they have to prove in court that they actively defend their trademarks otherwise they can lose rights to it.

I guess I'll repose my question:

Why are these issues for the Devils and not the Rangers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you know they are not an issue with the Rangers? Just because some sites use their logos freely doesn't mean they have permission. They probably just go unnoticed. I'm sure (as Kyle above proves) there are other Devils site that use the logo and have not been contacted.