MORE MINARD!!

dugoutAK

Chris Minard has begun to catch fire, scoring goals in four straight games. He has six goals during this streak and nine on the season. :dance:

He is starting to adjust to new linemates for a second time this season. He's paired up with a much more talented center now, as opposed to the start of the season. Although, he's no GOMER!!! :D

It also helps that our PP has started to roll after a 1 for 43 start!

Edited by dugoutAK

If Minard can stay on the score sheet consistently without Gomez around, I'm sure the Devils will take an even closer look.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Totals weren't too bad before Gomez either. You'd think it would show that he would do better when playing with a talented center. He knows how to score, where to place himself, it's just someone getting him the puck.

He did admit that Scotty told him to just get to his spot, not to worry about anything else. This year he has to do the other work along the boards as well, then go.

2002-03 Pensacola Ice Pilots ECHL 72 15 17 32

2003-04 San Angelo Saints CHL 64 39 36 75

2004-05 Alaska Aces ECHL 69 49 29 78

2005-06 Alaska Aces ECHL 14 9 4 13

But hopefully they will look at him. Then again, we're happy to have him here!!

#15 was scored tonight in Alaska's 10th consecutive win. Chris is now tied for tops in the E with Utah's Matt Craig.

12 goals in the last 11 games!! :burn:

He is scoring in every type of way he can, as well. Tonight was a steal and laser from top of the circle, last night was a deflection in front of the net on the PP. Sunday, he had a shortie on a breakaway, a PP goal, and a goal on a rebound in front! He's doing it all.

Edited by dugoutAK

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Sunday: No goals in win

Friday: 2 goals in OT loss

Saturday: no goals in 8-0 blowout win

14 goals in 14 games now! Tied for third in ECHL in goals, tied for first with 8 PPG, and tied for first with 4 GWG.

Aces win streak ended at 11 Friday night with OT loss, but for whatever reason, it's an 'unbeaten' streak at 13 now. One game Monday before Christmas break, then nothing until 28 Dec.

Chris heads to the Christmas break having scored 2 goals in tonights 4-1 win at Victoria BC.

16 goals in the last 15 games. Not sure where he will go into the break in league goal scoring as there are games Tues and Wed, but he has 19 on the season now.

The Aces are the first team to break the 40 point barrier at 19-3-3.

• 2 weeks later...
In his first game back after a nine day holiday break, Minny notched two more goals, for a season total of 21 and a streak of 18 goals in 16 games!!

He is currently second in the ECHL in goals.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

why is everyone so excited about this guy.. he isn't even in the A.

When he has 21 goals in the AHL in his first 30+ games I will get excited.

why is everyone so excited about this guy.. he isn't even in the A.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why not be excited? He played with Gomez last year and probably learned a lot and grew as a player. He also has the great spunk and spirit we look for in our players. In seeing him in Trenton last year, he was the first one my eye went to and the guy I watched all game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many of the Rats have that??

They'd rather sign Chris, then let him toil in AK instead of helping the Rats. But, seeing that they are a high-octane scoring machine, they really don't need a pure goal scorer like Chris to help them out, as they have plnty of those lighting up the A.

That would be why Albany is tearing up the East I suppose! :rofl:

I'm just updating you on Rats' property.

How many of the Rats have that?? 

They'd rather sign Chris, then let him toil in AK instead of helping the Rats.  But, seeing that they are a high-octane scoring machine, they really don't need a pure goal scorer like Chris to help them out, as they have plnty of those lighting up the A. 

That would be why Albany is tearing up the East I suppose! :rofl:

I'm just updating you on Rats' property.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Menard will get his shot. The problem this season has been that Albany has really been working with an exhorbited roster. At one point, 6 guys were healthy scratches. They've pared it down recently, though. I certainly would like to see him on Albany.

This is true. Blame the Devils, not the Rats. Lou's got all of these guys signed who aren't going to be Devils anytime soon and aren't really doing anything in Albany either.

I'm hoping the Rats and Devils restructure their agreement so that the Rats pay a lower affiliation fee in exchange for the Devils supplying fewer players, leaving the Rats free to sign some guys on their own. Probably won't happen, though; I can't imagine Lou being okay with his affiliate signing players he didn't personally approve.

Minny notched two more goals tonight in the Aces 6-5 win, his third straight 2 goal game. Actually, Chris now has 4 two goal games in his last 5 outings and 23 goals on the season, good for second in the E.

Through 27 Games: 23 G, 12 A, +24, 9 PPG, 2 SHG

So much for the theory that his league leading goal scoring last year was ALL due to Gomez's play-making ability!

Last season with Gomez as his center, Minard had 14 goals through 27 games!

:D

Edited by dugoutAK