Vancouver's closing ceremony's "presentation"

Vinnie

Yes, it was as stupid as the opening ceremonies. I think Vancouver will be able to top the Torino opening/closing ceremonies even if BOTH consist just of Bryan Adams singing "We're Gonna Win!"

What was the Vancouver mayor doing with those spins and wheelies in his wheelchair?

Edited by Don

yeah at the end of eACH olympic games the host city (Turino) passes the olympic torch to the next host city..(Vancouver) It's all pretty freakin boring if you ask me...I'm watching Allstar sunday on NHL Network instead....

:huh: What was the point of the ice fishing and styrofoam brick presentation?

Question: Is ice hockey going to be played in 2010 at the GM Place? If so, how are they gonna retrofit the arena for the international dimensions? It'll be interesting to see how successful that will be.

According to Vancouver2010.com they will use GM Place and UBC Winter Sports Centre and that GM Place will be modified for the larger ice surface:

Construction Update

A structural engineering report of General Motors Place has been completed to address the issue of enlargement of the ice sheet to international-size ice.

When did Avril Lavigne turn into a girl?

Didn't moon anyone or flip the bird. I guess she's past puberty too.

Probably after marriage.. the rock was huge and there was a wedding band also...

i assume its the sum41 kid? last i had heard they were dating and engaged.. but that didnt seem so long ago

Yes, it was as stupid as the opening ceremonies. I think Vancouver will be able to top the Torino opening/closing ceremonies even if BOTH consist just of Bryan Adams singing "We're Gonna Win!"

What was the Vancouver mayor doing with those spins and wheelies in his wheelchair?

He is paralyzed and it is tradition for the next city's mayor to waive the olympic flag after the host city's mayor waived the flag. He didn't want his handicap to prevent him from doing it so he designed a way to hold the flag on his wheelchair and waived it.

Lisa

I hope the music doesn't lose the edge that Avril has lost.... but she definitely has a wonderful voice. I have her version of "Knocking on Heaven's Door" and it is *BY FAR* the most moving version I have ever heard.

Though I'm still completely baffled by the MuchMusic interview they had with her at MooShoes where she said that she was a vegetarian for health reasons. :huh: (MooShoes is located in NYC; I order most of my shoes and belts from there).

He is paralyzed and it is tradition for the next city's mayor to waive the olympic flag after the host city's mayor waived the flag. He didn't want his handicap to prevent him from doing it so he designed a way to hold the flag on his wheelchair and waived it.

Lisa

Ah, okay. Thanks.... that explains it. Didn't know about the tradition. I thought it looked odd. But it makes sense now.