Can we still bring back Mogilny?

'7'

There is no way in hell that Mogilny will find his way back on to the Devils roster. Not really sure if it was anything personal between him and Lou that forced him out of Jersey as much as it was the fact that he was playing like crap before the banishment. He was the worst player on the ice in that 6-3 loss to Toronto on New Years Eve, which was his last nhl game. In Almo's defense though, he was pretty much playing on one good leg.

Mogilny has done pretty poorly with the Rats thusfar. In the game I saw him up in Albany, he was slow, took shifts off, and screwed up passes. Didn't even try to go to the net it seemed. It bums me out because I didn't think it was going to end up like THIS -- I thought he'd go to Albany, tear it up, and then get another shot in Jersey for the playoffs. I'm sure it could be an option if we're really desperate, but that's just that -- we'd have to be really desperate.

Random Idea: How about putting Mogilny on re-entry waivers towards the very end of the season and seeing if anyone picks him up? The new team just takes on that bad contract for next year and we are off the hook. I realize this is unlikely and a team would have to be desperate for scoring but I think it would be worth a shot.

Random Idea: How about putting Mogilny on re-entry waivers towards the very end of the season and seeing if anyone picks him up? The new team just takes on that bad contract for next year and we are off the hook. I realize this is unlikely and a team would have to be desperate for scoring but I think it would be worth a shot.

If he did get picked up by a playoff bound team, it could easily come back to haunt us if we'd have to face him in the playoffs. It seems to quite often be our luck that these type things happen ha.

Eh, I really think he'll just stay put in Albany until next year. Who knows though.