Drury Back To Av's?

MantaRay

Bobby Orr was certainly a great Bruins defenseman.

Many feel he revolutionized the position.

But for sheer numbers, it's hard to beat Bourque.

Number of Norris trophies.

Every year (of a long career) selected as NHL 1st or 2nd team.

More goals than any other defenseman.

All time leader among defenseman in goals, assists, points.

Bourque is simply amazing.

Forget Drury.

The Avs have been sending scouts to Pittsburgh games.

Whats up with your choice of avatar???? :puke:

What would SBT say??

Also, it'll take more than lil G /bergland to land drury. I'd love to have Drury! He'd be the "Neil Broten" of the '03 cup win.

Vince

Sure those world class players have something to do with it, but not ALL of it man.

You put Jay Pando in there and see if he gets the same amount of GWG. Or put Little G, or Jeff Friesen, or Turner Stevenson. It ain't going to happen. You need talent to play with the big boys and he's got talent.

And as I recall, Drury was a 2nd liner that year with Forsberg. The first line was SackItch, Hejduk, Tanguay. 2nd line was Fors, Drury, and some other guy.

And honestly, he would have schooled Stevens, Nieder, Raf, Bourque, Blake, Listrom, Chelios, etc on that play. Hell he schooled Marty flat out of his pants as well.

He's got talent, he's got clutch.

Well, Pando isn't exactly a Drury-like player. Thanks for playing apples and oranges and missing the point.

Here's one you'll understand. Gionta could be on that line with them and get those game-winners and I don't think Little G's as good as Drury either.

By the way, DIE DRURY DIE!!!!! (Oh wait, you already have!!! Hahahahahahahahah!!!!)

Ok people Open your eyes and ignore your biases. Drury is clutch his numbers and demonstrations in the playoffs speak for themselves.

I would be thrilled to acquire him However I'd never give away any of our D-men at the moment anyway Let's have Oleg get healthy and stay healthy plus prove he's back to playing solid hockey then maybe I'd consider moving Rafalski and either Bicek or Berglund for him.

I know many of you will be up at arms about this but Rafalski seems to be on the decline. I couldn't help but notice he's been a shadow of his former self since he injured his knee in atlanta last year before the All Star break. He doesn't have the speed or jump in his game he once had. I am not saying he's washed up but it just frustraits me seeing him begin to wither. After all he isn't a 25 year old 4th year player he is 29.

I know you all will point out he has 24 points 1g 23a

I am simply talking about what I am seeing on the ice or maybe it is what I am not seeing.

And back to the Drury Idea remember he is from nearby Trumbull Ct. I bet he'd be thrilled to be able to play an hour to 45min to home.

Drury's numbers in the regular also speak for themselves. Without Forsberg he was lost.

Rafalski looked absolutely outstanding from December 15th to January 5. Incredible play, all over the ice, best defenseman on the Devils every night. If he kept up that kind of play every night, he would be a Norris candidate.

I'd like to see more goals out of him, but the Devils can't trade him.. he's their only right handed power play shot. Plus, his shot on the PP is outstanding..

I suspect you need to put away your biases as well.. you've had this theory about this knee injury and it's not supported by what I've seen from Brian. Maybe if I watched him every night, I'd get a better sense, but Rafalski stays a Devil until he becomes a UFA.

But Drury could never school the greatest defenseman of all time: Ray Bourque.

Too bad Borque had to betray his team to win a cup. I'm glad that while Scott Stevens may not have been quite as good as Borque in his prime, The Devils had a high enough quality organization to put a winning team around him, and not ship him out for his ultimate triumph.

Ok people Open your eyes and ignore your biases. Drury is clutch his numbers and demonstrations in the playoffs speak for themselves.

There's no reason to ignore our biases. It's what makes us fans.

You can get by it. That's fine. Others don't want to... that's fine too.

I still don't think anything he's shown in the playoffs DOES show anything. He's gone all season and then OK, wakey wakey? That's not the kind of hockey the Devils play at all.

So forsburp played with a broken finger......so what! Yzerman played on basically one knee....modano played with a broken wrist in '99.....it's the playoffs and that means gutting it up and going on........let's not forget the guy had the whole freaking regular season off...............I know this is irrational and based solely in my passion has a fan, but i detest forsburp and as for the situation of turco, come on this is hockey and forsburp wasn't even injury........

Quote from Stars color announcer "Turco clubbed Forsberg like a harbor seal."

OK we all have our opinions but one rough season last year doesn't necessarily constitute Drury being a bad regular season player.

98-99 44pts (won calder)

99-00 67pts

00-01 65pts

01-02 46pts

02-03 33pts (only 47games played so far)

He had a bit of a slump over the past few games. Yes he's a negative 11 but the +- leader is Dave lowry who happens to be a +2 with only 3 games played. All this says is Calgary sucks.

Since when does having a clutch guy in the playoffs is a bad thing. Isn't this a team who cannonised Claude Lemieux Mr. Clutch Playoff performer/ Mr. No show in regular season?

Drury would be awesome here. He is a clutch player. As far him posting decent numbers with the avs, that goes for many of our devils. would patrik put the same #'s if he were a member of the bolts?? flames?? etc.

Being a devil has helped everyones career .

Losing Gionta / bergland for him wouldn't be a loss @ all.

Gionta's too small to play in NHL/AHL, he's not a theo flury kinda player, never will be.

I hope he (G-man) gets sent down. For good.

Vince

*BTW, screw Ray borque & his little dog too!

Drury would be a great pick-up.

He would benefit from playing with a Stanley Cup caliber team again.

As for the those of you who think he needed Forsberg to be successful, perhaps he would benefit from playing with other skilled forwards like Gomer or Elias.

Also, I am sick and tired of the rumors involving one of the Devils top forwards being dealt. As far as I am concered addition by subtraction only hurts our offense. We need to aquire a player to compliment our talented forwards. We need some spice to go with our sugar.

One last thing, The Kariya trade will turn out better than you might think. :ph34r:

as the enigma would say, "Book it!"

But he is a little smallish. If we didnt give up too much it wouldnt be bad, but you think the Flames are going to let him for cheap?

A think the NHL is headed towards a 1980's like renassaince. I think smaller players will be able to function at a high level because of their speed and agility. Drury is one of these types of players.

As for getting him cheap. The Flames will be in dump mode soon enough. The best time to take advantage a team is when they are losing money and not generating enough revenue to keep their higher priced players. They will be more than willing to dump some salary for cheaper, younger players. Drury has not been the player Calgary thought they were getting. He is a great compliment player, not a super star.

Just what the doctor, ordered for the Devils.

I agree.. Drury put up close to 20 goals with only Forsberg and Sakic, imagine what he'd do on the Devils.

I have a feeling he's a guy the Devils would be interested in, but frankly I don't like a guy who can't score. He would be expected to be the second best scorer behind Elias, and that's just not an accurate measure of his abilities. The Devils already have a Drury like player in Langenbrunner, who is of similar age and is turning into a good goal scorer in his own right.

He's so totally clutch that the Avs saw as much of him as they did Forsberg in the regular season.

Please stop quoting Buccigross, peeps. You're basing your impressions on some very favorable posturing he got on the ice against us. He's asleep at the wheel all freakin' season. Why do you think the Avs found him dispensable?