NBC Star Clock

Devilsdude530

During every NBC telecast, they have a little clock underneath the scoreboard that shows the shift time of 1 player on each team during the game.

Who should it be for the Devs on Saturday?

Someone like Gomer, Gio or Patty. Or Pando, since the Rag will likely be Jagr, and Pando will likely be sticking to him all day.

Who do you think would be more interesting? Is there anyway this could possibly be interesting?

During every NBC telecast, they have a little clock underneath the scoreboard that shows the shift time of 1 player on each team during the game.

Who should it be for the Devs on Saturday?

Someone like Gomer, Gio or Patty. Or Pando, since the Rag will likely be Jagr, and Pando will likely be sticking to him all day.

Who do you think would be more interesting? Is there anyway this could possibly be interesting?

They'll probably do Pandolfo, think they usually try to do match-ups. Maybe they'll pick Brodeur, they have done a goalie before, god only knows why, they really couldn't think of anyone better?

Interesting? unless you like clocks and counting, probably not.

Edited by ThreeStars

They only said they were doing a goalie. It ended up being Yashin.

They have something called a Star Cam, which isolates a camera on one player for the entire game, which is different from a Star Clock, that may be what they were talking about.

Edited by Devilsdude530

It will be Pandolfo. Dollars to donuts.

Funny how our shadows change year to year, yet almost every one has been decent.

Stevens on Lindros. (though, technically, smashing into tiny little bits <> "shadowing")

Madden on M. Lemieux.

Holik. C. Lemieux.

We always seem to have someone who can fit this role very well.

Edited by Don

They did a goalie? What was the point of that? Oh look, he's STILL on the ice! That is one LONG shift! I think he may stay out there the whole game!

I can't for the life of me remember who it was, but I do remember the commentators making jokes about it. I think it did go for the whole game, I remember the timer being up the whole game. It was stupid. Can't find info. on previous NBC games at the moment, I'll look tomorrow otherwise this will drive me insane.

Edited by ThreeStars

Janssen / Hollweg. :whistling:

I was watching the Bruins-Rags game I think it was, and they always brought up Gill when Jagr was on the ice, so I think they might do White. Just a guess though.

That is, if White is in the line-up.

Janssen / Hollweg. :whistling:

That is, if White is in the line-up.

He will be. The groin injury isn't that serious. He could have finished the Philly game if he had to. He might be a bit inhibited with skating, but there is no way White is out game 1.

It'll probably be Jagr/Pandolfo but I really think NBC should make it Brian Gionta. He's been such a great story and he such a likeable character. Smallest player in the league puts in 48 goals, also happens to be an American from a working class blue collar background and ends up being one of the most exciting players in the league this year. He could be such a media darling. Our version of Rudy!