Annoying (Devil) fan stories?

Colorado Rockies 1976

When there's 4 seconds left on the power play and nobody's shooting, do you yell "shoot" or would that be considered obnoxious behavior? :ph34r:

BTW if your the only one yelling shoot in this senario its probably because if they shoot and turn it over all the other team needs to do is pass it to the guy comming out of the box and presto. Instant break away...just because some crazy fan was yelling shoot.... :angry2: :boogie:

Once little fringe benefit I got from meeting my wife was her friendship with a co-worker who happens to be both a Devils fan and a season ticket holder. Fortunately for me, 75% of the time he asks me if I want to go to the games with him, and being that his tickets are in the $20 section in Section 239, it doesn't put too much of a dent in my wallet. Although he can get a little loud sometimes and can be pretty unfunny for long stretches at a time, he's a pretty good guy, and we get along fine.

Unfortunately, there's this bloated jackass who also has season tickets, and sits right behind us. It's bad enough that we're treated to his play-by-play the entire game, because apparently this fat fvck will explode if he actually goes more than five minutes without uttering something assinine. But even worse, he's the kind of fan who expects the Devils to score on every power play (and every shot), and Martin Brodeur to make every save. If the power play doesn't score (even the best ones don't 75%-80% of the time), heaven forbid, we're treated to his insight as to why that power play was unsuccessful and how, if the Devils had done this and that and made this play, they would have scored. Or if a two-on-one or some other odd-man rush doesn't pan out, it's either YOU SHOULD HAVE PASSED (if they shot) or YOU HAVE TO SHOOT (if they passed). And of course, if Marty dares to have two or three rough games in a row, it's "Why isn't Clemmensen playing? Marty can't stop a beach ball!" This douche just criticizes every friggin' thing the Devils do. ARRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

I do my best to tune this a$$hole out, but he has one of those piercing voices that makes someone scratching a chalkboard sound like Beethoven. I'm pretty sure he's a bandwagon guy who'll disappear if the Devils ever start to slide.

Anybody know a fan like this?

I know him...WOOHOOO

ya hes annoying...

I know him...WOOHOOO

ya hes annoying...

Yes...through the power of IMing we've discovered that langsgirl sits directly behind ME, which places her right next to the guy I lambasted in my initial post. Good to know I'm not the only one suffering here...

And yes, the guy I go to the games with unfortunately insists on doing the "DEEK...HOW MUCH TIME IS LEFT?" chant. It's definitely aggravating, but I tune it out for the five seconds or so it takes for him to spew it out.

A few years ago, (2000? I don't remember!) my dad and I had "Niedemeyer haters" who sat behind us. They were two 30something guys and reminded me of the two old guys from the Muppets LOL!!! They weren't annoying, but hiliarous as hell! Everytime Niedemeyer did something stupid, these two would be all over it - "NIEDEMEYER - YOU a$$hole!!"

LOL

I would have LOVED to hear them when Scotty followed never-gonna-be-as-good-as-him brother to Aneheim. Arg!

Oh, these two guys also started (during the "mony mony" song) "Hey! Guess What? The Rangers Suck!"

Not sure if they also started the "(announcer names opposing player's name) WHO???" But they did that a lot.

Classic. :koolaid:

When i move back to NJ - next game I go to I hope I have guys like this sitting behind me :evil: