Bad news for online streaming

brodeurfanatic

If they want to clamp down on it how's about making the games available to people online. Like MLB does....you pay a subscription and you can watch the games. Instead of just clamping down....use the popularity to gain more viewers! And make them available globally too.

If they want to clamp down on it how's about making the games available to people online. Like MLB does....you pay a subscription and you can watch the games. Instead of just clamping down....use the popularity to gain more viewers! And make them available globally too.

Exactly! NBA has this but only if you have NBA League Pass on satellite, and NHL only broadcasts about 4 games per week online. There needs to be an all access program for both.

I believe in a reason interview John Shannon said the league is working on an online version of Center Ice.

That would be the SMART thing to do, but copyright holders rarely think of the smart thing. Usually they prefer to use their rights to restrict consumption, not encourage it. For example, record companies; they overcharge you to buy a CD of the crappy processed cheese bands they put on the radio, implement schemes to force you to buy the same music over and over again if you want to put that music on your computer and/or iPod, and then intentionally refuse to promote the lesser-known but light-years-better artists on their rosters because they won't make as much money.

I'll believe that when I see it (online center ice).

They have something like that in the AHL. It's $6 a game or you can buy a subscription to one team for $150(?).

They have something like that in the AHL. It's $6 a game or you can buy a subscription to one team for $150(?).

They also do something like that with the ECHL but this is the NHL and they never do anything right. Has Google video been updated yet?. I think it's been awhile but I don't check it I just remember some people complaining about it.

apparently TVU got shutdown by the NHL. Thanks alot NHL you don't have the brains to put games on the internet because everybody wants it so you shutdown our only way to watch games. I hope a few other programs popup and stream games. I hope they opened a black hole so big that they are going to regret not putting games on the internet earlier. This just ruined my hockey season.

http://myp2p.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6692

Edited by sandman441

Doesn't it compete with Center Ice?? Why would someone pay $150 when they can get it for free?

It does but I can't get Center Ice unless I want to cut down some trees and put a dish up on a 10 or 15 foot pole. I have no problem paying for Center Ice or even a online subscription. There are also alot of people out of the country that wants to watch hockey but they can't unless they want to wait 48 hours and then watch it.

They could have used it as a promotional tool. Any Hockey coverage in UK is rubbish, there's NHL every Wednesday night on 5 that tends to favour Western Conference games (schedule inc this coming Wednesday and previous weeks Stars and Blackhawks, Stars and Coyotes, Thrashers and Ducks and on Wednesday it'll be Colorado and Oilers.) and that's at 1.25 AM!

And I believe you can only get Center Ice in USA/Canada so for people living in the likes of the UK there is absolutly no coverage and imho a definate market to be exploited. The fact is as well if I hadn't picked up NHL 2001 for the PS2 for