Devils beat Wolf Pack

xxcatafalquexx

[Recap taken from the Lowell Devils site.]

Devils Continue to Roll, 2-0 Over Hartford

Jordan Parise stops 36 shots for the shutout

LOWELL, Mass. - Jordan Parise made 36 saves for his first professional shutout, in a 2-0 victory for the Lowell Devils (34-24-5-5) over the Hartford Wolf Pack (39-25-3-0) Sunday evening at Tsongas Arena.

Parise got off to a busy start in the first period. The Wolf Pack took 14 of the first 15 shots in the game, but were denied by the rookie. Lowell picked up some momentum toward the end of the period, courtesy of a Hartford penalty, but was outshot 15-5 in the first stanza.

The second period was scoreless as well, although both Parise and Harford G Chris Holt saw plenty of action. The Wolf Pack outshot Lowell 13-10 in the period. The Devils battled their way through three penalty kills in the period, and Hartford nearly took the lead with five minutes left, ringing a shot off the left post.

At 7:23 of the third, the Devils second largest crowd of the season had a chance to stretch when Chris Minard snapped in a power play tally. It was the second straight game with a goal for the Devils leading sniper, giving him 26 goals on the season. Lowell had the edge in shots in the third, and it was their 25th and final shot of the game that lifted the score to 2-0. Dan LaCouture deposited his eighth of the season into the open net with 20 seconds left. Parise finished with 36 saves on the night for his first shutout in the pro ranks. In four seasons at the University of North Dakota, Parise put up 12 shutouts, including six during his senior season alone. The Devils are 8-1-1-2 in the rookie's last 12 starts.

The victory made things even tighter in the Atlantic Division, pulling the Devils within just three points of Hartford for second place. The Providence Bruins also won tonight, maintaining their two-point lead over the Devils for third place, and the Worcester Sharks were also victorious, keeping them three back of Lowell in fifth.

I guess that's the price for calling up reinforcements from Hartford. They had been playing great but eventually, losing guys like Callahan, Dubinsky, Girardi and Liffiton has to take its toll. At least those guys have performed well.

Hartford huh? lol!

I guess that's the price for calling up reinforcements from Hartford. They had been playing great but eventually, losing guys like Callahan, Dubinsky, Girardi and Liffiton has to take its toll. At least those guys have performed well.

• 2 months later...
Yeah he really is. My neice was like "My aunt wants me to give you a kiss" and I was like "...I said a hug you liar" and he started laughing and he's like "In 10 years you're my girlfriend." Then I started to laugh and I told him that my neice thought she was getting married to him anyways and he's all "Oh word, I'll set the date." Lmao. Dan McGillis' daughter was there too and she's so adorable. Her and my neice were running around and playing...it was so cute. We were leaving and she goes to Emmy(Dan's daughter) "I'll see you tomorrow best friend!" so Emmy was all "Okay" so Dan even asked where we were from because he was like they can hang out and stuff and I was like "Yeah that would be nice but we're from Bridgeport, Connecticut" and hes like "Oh yeah that causes a slight problem." Lmao