PC vs Mac

I bought a G4 in 1998 and it's still kickin' along.

I definitely want a Mac Pro.... they look AWESOME. And I can imagine the speed compared to this thing.

I use Windows machines at work and the Mac here at home and I can state unequivocally that I prefer the Mac. However, what I don't like is the cost. The reason I can't afford to upgrade to a Mac Pro is because I'd have to win the lottery to buy one.

I bought a G4 in 1998 and it's still kickin' along.

I definitely want a Mac Pro.... they look AWESOME. And I can imagine the speed compared to this thing.

I use Windows machines at work and the Mac here at home and I can state unequivocally that I prefer the Mac. However, what I don't like is the cost. The reason I can't afford to upgrade to a Mac Pro is because I'd have to win the lottery to buy one.

i got a pc with xp...LOL!

Before this one i had an older Hp computer with 2000 on it and it lasted 7 years until it had any problems and instead of getting it fixed we went out and got a new one and i gave the other one to a disadvantaged friend.

I really shoulda got a laptop for school..bah

i got a pc with xp...LOL!

Before this one i had an older Hp computer with 2000 on it and it lasted 7 years until it had any problems and instead of getting it fixed we went out and got a new one and i gave the other one to a disadvantaged friend.

I really shoulda got a laptop for school..bah

Were you looking to keep that disadvantaged friend disadvantaged?

Macs are definitely better than regular PCs. They are easier to use than Vista which has to be the worst OS ever and it has two many options for business. As an addition, the new mac operating system leopard X just came out and it's unbelievable. Macs can get a bit pricey but they are worth it.

i have a G5 (older Mac from 3 years ago) and i ordered an Imac Core 2 duo for my shop

i LOVE macs, after using windows for years, and now Mac, its not even a contest.

I'm also used to working with them since i do Audio and Video engineering (its my major in college)

you will enjoy the Mac-Pro, if you feel homesick to Windows, get Parallels or Crossover and use Virtualization for XP and i think Vista

I have a macbook and use it for my school stuff. I have to take exams using a system called examsoft that only runs on Windows. So i have the new OS and bootcamp, it's a little confusing going from from one OS to the other, but not that hard deal with otherwise. The apple button turns into into the windows key, have to remember that control basically equals apple, ect. You can set up a new shell for Windows using a program called parallels. The only difference between parallels and bootcamp, is that you don't have to restart your computer for parallels.

Thanks for the info. I did a little research and i will get parallels so i can use windows.I guess there are some websites out there that will only work with windows (updates for the nuvi garmin etc..) but i am looking forward to the new Mac Pro, i even got the 30" flat screen to go with it!!

I'm a PC guy.

The only thing unintuitive to me about PCs is Office 2007. I work at a computer center, and man, I hate getting Office 2007 questions, because the interface is the least intuitive thing I've ever seen.

aahhhh!!!!! just what i suspected!! wahtschasmokin?? Dude!!! Hookabrotherup!

I got a MacBook Pro last year around this time, my first switch from PC to mac. It takes a bit to get used to the interface. But it's really nice. Really user-friendly, and programs like Mac Mail and Photo Booth make life easier/more fun. If you ever have any questions about Macs you can come to me.

I got a MacBook Pro last year around this time, my first switch from PC to mac. It takes a bit to get used to the interface. But it's really nice. Really user-friendly, and programs like Mac Mail and Photo Booth make life easier/more fun. If you ever have any questions about Macs you can come to me.
Thanks! Happy Holidays!

Macs suck, computers for non-computer people. Just because something is easier to use doesn't mean it's better.

Vista sucks too, wtf was Microsoft thinking. Gunna ride out my XP as long as I can.

i wish i had a response to that but, "this program has stopped responding".

Macs suck, computers for non-computer people. Just because something is easier to use doesn't mean it's better.

No, but "ease of use" is one component to being better. And since Macs being easier to use seems to be your only statement in defence of PCs being better, I'd say that you just about on par with John Hodgman.

Edited by Don