Heath Ledger Found Dead

Devilsdude530

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/...-is-found-dead/

The actor Heath Ledger was found dead this afternoon in an apartment building at 421 Broome Street in SoHo, according to the New York City police. Mr. Ledger was 28.

At 3:31 p.m., a masseuse arrived at Apartment 5A in the building for an appointment with Mr. Ledger, the police said. The masseuse was let in to the home by a housekeeper, who then knocked on the door of Mr. Ledger

I don't want to get this thrown to the political forum but I am disgusted by some things I have just seen on Dan Abrams' show on MSNBC. Note: Dan Abrams is not to blame, he is merely reporting.

John Gibson, a Fox Radio Host, has insinuated that Heath Ledger's death was a punishment for him playing a gay cowboy in Brokeback Mountain. On his show he played funeral music, audio clips (homosexual scenes) from the movie, and there were also reports that a right wing fringe Christian group (Abrams refused to name the group, and rightfully so to not give them the publicity) will be picketing at Ledgers funeral because his role in the movie.

Unbelievable. This isn't the thirteenth century.

I was born and raised Catholic. I'm getting sick of this crap.

So they should be outside the funerals of any actor or actress that has ever committed adultery in a film, murdered someone, disobeyed thy mother, etc...in films?

LOL - those people should be shot... disgusting.

Edited by langsgirl

I hate when people start throwing out quotes taken out of context from Leviticus, like these morons above.

"Many of the other verses of Leviticus are also read out of context and without understanding. If we took them as universally and ignorantly as do those who quote Leviticus 18:22 they condone the owning of slaves and the free sexual use of them. They condone the whipping of recalcitrant women and children. They mandate a woman produce as many children as she is able in her time and until her health falls. They require the subjugation of all to a powerful priesthood that runs the state. They provide a list of does and don'ts that would crush the heart and soul of all --both those who like Leviticus 18:22 and those who do not. It amazes me that almost no other rule of Leviticus is quoted with such final authority and certainty with regard to behavior, attitude, and religious practice. It is in fact a proof texted selective reading of the Bible that is the best evidence of uninformed homophobia that can be found today. It is the litmus test for one who lives in prejudice and hate."

Robert W. Karnan, DMn

South Church

Portsmouth, NH

April 10, 1994

btw- The rest of this speech is very enlightening, though I only quoted what I thought relevant to the topic at hand.

If you were to research the book of Leviticus, it would probably make you question completely the Christian faith, and this is probably why most of it has been eliminated from the New Testament. In Leviticus, there are passages dictating when human, and or animal sacrifices are necessary, that any child who speaks back to their parents should be put to death, and countless other creeds, that would be considered ludicrous today. These morons that hide behind misplaced quotes are simply sheep who would never look to question their leaders, I have to believe that in a just world they will not be lloked upon so well when it is their time to face the Pearly Gates....

Chris

I hate when people start throwing out quotes taken out of context from Leviticus, like these morons above.

"Many of the other verses of Leviticus are also read out of context and without understanding. If we took them as universally and ignorantly as do those who quote Leviticus 18:22 they condone the owning of slaves and the free sexual use of them. They condone the whipping of recalcitrant women and children. They mandate a woman produce as many children as she is able in her time and until her health falls. They require the subjugation of all to a powerful priesthood that runs the state. They provide a list of does and don'ts that would crush the heart and soul of all --both those who like Leviticus 18:22 and those who do not. It amazes me that almost no other rule of Leviticus is quoted with such final authority and certainty with regard to behavior, attitude, and religious practice. It is in fact a proof texted selective reading of the Bible that is the best evidence of uninformed homophobia that can be found today. It is the litmus test for one who lives in prejudice and hate."

Robert W. Karnan, DMn

South Church

Portsmouth, NH

April 10, 1994

btw- The rest of this speech is very enlightening, though I only quoted what I thought relevant to the topic at hand.

If you were to research the book of Leviticus, it would probably make you question completely the Christian faith, and this is probably why most of it has been eliminated from the New Testament. In Leviticus, there are passages dictating when human, and or animal sacrifices are necessary, that any child who speaks back to their parents should be put to death, and countless other creeds, that would be considered ludicrous today. These morons that hide behind misplaced quotes are simply sheep who would never look to question their leaders, I have to believe that in a just world they will not be lloked upon so well when it is their time to face the Pearly Gates....

Chris