Very Short Article

Nork

That article was a complete waste of 5 minutes of my life and the author is an obvious homer. Avery's status as most hated player in the NHL is nothing to be proud of. There are players you hate but still have respect for, and then there's Avery. The guy is a complete pansy and is in my eyes a chihauhau -- big bark, no bite. If I ever see him back up his mouth and actually agree to fight someone instead of turtling and running away maybe I'd have a little more respect for him. There's nothing wrong with being a pest but Avery just does it in the most classless, unintelligent way there is.

Oh and the author talking about how great the Rangers are and how they are "within striking distance" of the Atlantic division crown this year is a complete joke.

Oh and the author talking about how great the Rangers are and how they are "within striking distance" of the Atlantic division crown this year is a complete joke.

The author's not really wrong about the Rangers being within striking distance. They are only seven points out of the top spot. Having said that, they've also played more games than anyone else in the Atlantic (the Devils have 2 games in hand), and have yet to show that they can be consistent enough to mount the five-or-six game win streak needed to get into contention. But they're not dead yet.

The author isn't a homer -- the author is a publicist (or paid by one). This isn't an article -- it is an advertisement for Sean Avery. He pays for this service. His girlfriends probably steered him to a good one. That's why it reads like he's one of the stars on the team.

I remember when I first found that out. I was thinking how cool it would be to do some - I forget what -- an opinion thing or something -- then I found out it was all booked by a publicist. A few friends told me how much they paid for one and I just thought "Hell NO!"

Edited by Pepperkorn