fraternity

akdev23

I don't need a frat..i'm an entourage of one...

I think it would depend on the fraternity you were intested in..I mean if you were gonna go join the "dungeons and dragons" aka nerd/never get laid ffrat..it would probably be a pretty alright place to live..good for school anyway..not so much with getting any or popularity...

Alpha Chi Rho bro here. I would definately recommend NOT living in the house if you're concerned about grades and homework. That, and it can be more expensive than being on your own.

theres actually a crow chapter in my school, but they are f****ng weird. but anyways doesnt every frat house supposed to have mandatory study hours and study rooms?

It depends on the school. At Glassboro State/Rowan, the administration had zero say as to what happened in the houses. The houses were rented by a slum lord to the frats/sorority's (for the most part - DKE owned their house).

What school do you go to and what makes 'em weird?

I am a Kappa Sigma.

Depends on your goals. You will really have a problem keeping your grades up if you live in the house. Just too many temptations. So if you are aiming for a GPA near the top, don't do it. If you are just looking to get out with a degree and your GPA / ranking aren't important (and they really aren't in 5 years after you graduate anyway) to you, live in the house. It will be a great time.

I am a Kappa Sigma.

Depends on your goals. You will really have a problem keeping your grades up if you live in the house. Just too many temptations. So if you are aiming for a GPA near the top, don't do it. If you are just looking to get out with a degree and your GPA / ranking aren't important (and they really aren't in 5 years after you graduate anyway) to you, live in the house. It will be a great time.

I see a big difference between a dorm and a fraternity house. In a dorm there is only a smaller percentage of people 10-15% that really offer distractions every night (people you know well that you want to hang out with) while in a fraternity 90%+ of the housemates offer a distraction. Just my opinion.

Delta Chi here (from Rowan, no less .... small world, eh GA Devil?).

My two cents is that living in the house is an experience unto itself that not many get to enjoy. My year definitely had its share of ups and downs, but I would go back and do it all over again in a heartbeat. Arguably the best year of my life.

As for grades, personally, I got my best grades when living in the house. In a dorm or apartment, the distractions were there but they weren't great enough to stop me from doing HW in front of the TV. But at the house, distractions were everywhere so it kinda forced me to go to the library to get anything done, and that's really the best possible place to do work. But that's just me. Some of my brothers couldn't handle classes and living in the house, incuding one kid who ended up dropping all classes and another who pulled a Blutarsky, 0.0.

I say got for it, life's too short. But be prepared to have to walk away from some really fun stuff some nights to get your work done. Good luck.

Whatta ya think is gonna happen if yer in a Frat house????

post-909-1201711320_thumb.png

Delta Chi here (from Rowan, no less .... small world, eh GA Devil?).

My two cents is that living in the house is an experience unto itself that not many get to enjoy. My year definitely had its share of ups and downs, but I would go back and do it all over again in a heartbeat. Arguably the best year of my life.

As for grades, personally, I got my best grades when living in the house. In a dorm or apartment, the distractions were there but they weren't great enough to stop me from doing HW in front of the TV. But at the house, distractions were everywhere so it kinda forced me to go to the library to get anything done, and that's really the best possible place to do work. But that's just me. Some of my brothers couldn't handle classes and living in the house, incuding one kid who ended up dropping all classes and another who pulled a Blutarsky, 0.0.

I say got for it, life's too short. But be prepared to have to walk away from some really fun stuff some nights to get your work done. Good luck.

:giggle: Apple or pumpkin?