To boo or not to boo?

NJDevs26

To boo or not to boo?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Nieds, of course

• Definitely boo, he left us!
    • I'll cheer in appreciation for his time here
    • I'll sit on my hands (neither boo or cheer)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gawd-damn! I wish I was able to go to this game. I had been waiting for it ever since he left. But unfortunately, I'm working.

Scott Niedermayer was one of the all-time great, talented, Devils players. Easily one of the best-ever D-men to lace 'em up for the red, black, and white. Always under control, he was a pleasure to watch. I'll never forget the end-to-end rush he put on Detroit in the '95 finals. And in 2003, he was the Devils best playoff performer not named Brodeur.

Partly due to his understated nature, he was sort of underappreciated by the fans for much of his Devils career. Understandably so, with strong team leaders like Stevens, Daneyko, MacLean and Brodeur, and fan favorites such as Lemieux, Peluso, McKay, Madden, et al.

I know he left a big hole in our D when he left, but Gee-zus, the guy wanted to play with his brother. I can't hold that against him. Maybe he could've made his decision sooner, but, hey, that's all in the past. From everything I've read about him since, he seems to have really appreciated his time here. I love it when I read sh!t like that! Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside as I remember the good ol' days.

The way I see it, upon the player introductions, Nieds deserves to finally be acknowledged by Devils fans for his great career here. If I was gonna be at the game, I'd stand up and applaud the guy. I really do miss him. Once the game starts, though, it's solely Let's Go Devils.

Scott Niedermayer was one of the all-time great, talented, Devils players. Easily one of the best-ever D-men to lace 'em up for the red, black, and white. Always under control, he was a pleasure to watch. I'll never forget the end-to-end rush he put on Detroit in the '95 finals. And in 2003, he was the Devils best playoff performer not named Brodeur.

I will not boo or cheer for him tomorrow night. I will save the applause for when they retire his #27 which was just confirmed by Lou in an interview with a newspaper that I'd better not mention. I'm not happy with how he handled his leaving the team, and find him partially responsible for the 3 M's, but I think we'd look pretty stupid as a whole for booing him tomorrow and then chanting his name and giving him a standing ovation in a few years. Messier was given a hero's welcome when he returned to MSG, and he bolted purely out of greed, not for family and less money.

I'm not reading this thread. It's a simple answer, you cheer the guy. He went to go play with his brother for crying out loud, and it was a tougher decision logistically thana lot us know. So you know what, either Cheer or sit on your hands. It's pathetic to boo Scotty Niedermayer of all people. God forbid some Devils fans can show some class once in a while....

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A nice practice boo. I'll be booing on my couch you can be sure. I will be disappointed if I don't hear some "Motteau's Better" chants tonight.

Mam's Boy is scum. Actually he is lower scum. He aspires to be scum. As Joseph Blutarsky famously said....

Niedermayer........DEAD