El Salvador to get #24

msweet

Salvador looking forward to getting started

Although Bryce Salvador said it was difficult to say goodbye to the only organization he's every played for, the newest Devil is also thrilled to have a chance to play for a team that is leading the Eastern Conference and headed to the playoffs.

"It was tough leaving, but on the other hand, I'm really excited to come to the Devils," the 32-year-old defenseman said in a conference call this morning. "You look at their roster and they have a lot of players who have come through their system like I did and that's important to me."

Salvador played 11 seasons in the Blues organization, seven in the NHL, before he was traded to the Devils on Tuesday morning for enforcer Cam Janssen. He didn't arrive in his hotel in New Jersey until after 10 p.m onTuesday. He underwent his physical this morning and met with general manager Lou Lamoriello. Salvador won't get a chance to practice with his new teammates until Thursday because the Devils have today off following three games in four days.

Salvador said he was told he was traded about 8:30 a.m. St. Louis time (9:30 Eastern)....

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/02...ookin.html#more