GDT: Toronto Maple Leafs vs. New Jersey Devils 7pm

Devil Fan

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, forget about Weeks playing because the race is on right now and I believe we will see Brodeur for the rest of this season.

This is another big game for the Devils. With teams right behind them playing today and tonight (Montreal, Ottawa) the Devils need to keep the pace going and get these two points in Toronto like they did on Tuesday night. I would like to see the Devils stay on top of the EC and in their division. Devils need these two points and Brodeur has been playing his best all season right now.

LETS GO DEVILS!!! :evil:

I would be kind of surprised to see Weekes play tonight. And I don't want to either, considering the last time he played he ruined a road trip to Boston for me...

But anyway...

LET'S GO DEVILS!

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/03...ite-tonigh.html

Devils defenseman Colin White did not make the trip to Toronto for tonight's game against the Maple Leafs at Air Canada Centre because of the upper body injury he sustained in the second period of Friday's 2-1 overtime win over Tampa Bay.

"After communicating with him and the training and the doctors, the decision was made to leave him at home," Devils coach Brent Sutter said. "It's fine. We have nine defensemen and that's why we have them."

Andy Greene will take White's place in the lineup. Sutter wouldn't say what his defense pairs would be tonight, but sounded as if he'd like to keep Bryce Salvador and Karel Rachunek together and Johnny Oduya and Sheldon Brookbank together, so that would leave Greene to play with White's usual partner, Mike Mottau.

am i the only one that's worried that the devils cannot sustain any type of offensive pressure? and not just for this game, but the past bunch of games. we have gone back to an offense that relies on turnovers which i don't think is going to help us in the playoffs. i think the reason we can't score more than a few goals a game is because we don't pressure the puck anymore. it seems like marty has to be stellar every night for the devils to win.