AHL 2008 Calder Cup Playoffs

Satans Hockey

Correction, I'm NOT going to work tonight so I can watch the Moose/Crunch game in low quality on tv tonight..

HERD!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moose/Crunch tied 2-2 going into ot..Hansen and Moran with the goals.....

In the face of the idiot in my section that always says people are "pulling a Hansen" when someone passes instead of shoots

Edited by annabelle

FOR FVCKS SAKES!

Heshka's fvcking idiotic motherfvckin sticks breaks and the Crunch pick off the puck and score in OT! The same sh!t happened on Saturday...Wtf.

I can't believe this sh!t, seriously i'm pissed. And Shaun will now be drunk all summer.

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Crunch win the series in 6, absolutley a fvcking travesty

This whole series has been sketchy, with soft as$ Penalties called against the Moose, the goalie gets punched in the head after a game is over on Friday and there's not a dammned thing done about it, Keaner goes and TOUCHES a guy and gets a penalty..didn't know we were playing bush league rules where Bertuzzi punching someone is alright but making minimal contact isn't tolerated.

Absolutley Fvckin horrible

I'm more upset right now than I was qwhen the Canucks didn't make it...just brutal..

Edited by annabelle

Wooooooooo Phantoms won. I went to the game and took a few pictures.

I'm sorry to all you Albany fans on here but they did not deserve to win. Albany played pretty flat for most of this game and they had no desperation in the final 5 minutes whatsoever and that is why they gave up that late goal. The Phantoms clearly wanted it more in this game.

Michael Leighton was the 3rd star of the game and he came out on the ice and the whole crowd gave him a nice round of applause.

Phantoms are moving on to play the Penguins now and I don't see the Phantoms beating them.

A little side Devils note...

Brent Sutters son Brandon plays for Albany. I like sitting in the last row and Brent was in the last row ( of the lower section) in the section next to mine. He looked like he was trying to stay hidden. I didn't bother him but I saw him say fvck out loud after the game was over. I tried to sneakingly take a picture but I don't think it came out well at all.

Edited by Satans Hockey

You know what, I'm cheering for those freaking a-holes Syracuse, i think. I mean the team that knocked my team off better damned well win it all. I mean they should with the officials calling weak penalties against teams they play.

So it's settled, go Syracuse

You know what, I'm cheering for those freaking a-holes Syracuse, i think. I mean the team that knocked my team off better damned well win it all. I mean they should with the officials calling weak penalties against teams they play.

So it's settled, go Syracuse

Ugh, this is just like the NHL playoffs, there's no one left to like.

I guess I'm pulling for.....

.....Portland?

I dunno.

Ugh, this is just like the NHL playoffs, there's no one left to like.

I guess I'm pulling for.....

.....Portland?

I dunno.

You better pick another team than cause Portland doesn't have a shot at getting by Providence.

What about Rockford? They are Chicagos team, it's their first year in the AHL and they have a silly logo. What's not to like? I don't think they are going to beat the Chicago Wolves though either lol

Edited by Satans Hockey

You better pick another team than cause Portland doesn't have a shot at getting by Providence.

What about Rockford? They are Chicagos team, it's their first year in the AHL and they have a silly logo. What's not to like? I don't think they are going to beat the Chicago Wolves though either lol

Rockford's my backup. Honestly, my liking a team in any playoffs in any sport this year has been the kiss of death. I don't think a team I've liked has made it past the first round in the NHL, AHL, NBA, or NFL so far this year.

Crunch/Marlies game 1 goes tonight... go Crunch I guess

5-1 Crunch tonight in game 1 vs the Marlies..in front of a whopping 2951 people...lmao wow, that's a sad attendance!

5-1 Crunch tonight in game 1 vs the Marlies..in front of a whopping 2951 people...lmao wow, that's a sad attendance!

Sad, yeah, except if you do a team-by-team comparison of playoffs attendance and 2007-08 season attendance.

I'll cut out a few steps and just compare the net difference between playoffs and regular season for each team, and the percentage decrease compared to the regular season:

Manitoba -142 (-2%)

San Antonio -201 (-4%)

Syracuse -265 (-5%)

Rockford -1124 (-29%)

Philadelphia -1250 (-19%)

Portland -1474 (-30%)

Milwaukee -1813 (-33%)

Providence -2001 (-33%)

Albany -2088 (-53%)

Toronto -2114 (-49%)

W-B/Scranton -2452 (-32%)

Hartford -2795 (-63%)

Hershey -3252 (-37%)

Houston -3285 (-52%)

Chicago -3735 (-50%)

Manchester -3899 (-58%)

Average -1,989 (-34%)

It's not unusual in the AHL when playoff attendance is less than the regular season figures. I'm not sure why, possibly it's because the sponsors are done and the big groups are done and the casual fans are done and all that's left are the hockey fans -- which wouldn't explain San Antonio :whistling:

Anyway, bad as things were all year, I shudder to think how poorly Lowell would have drawn in the playoffs. Maybe 25, plus the other team's fans?

I think it's due to the NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs and baseball. It's still sad that there was not even 3000 people in attendance though. It's really a shame because AHL hockey is really good quality hockey!

I think it's due to the NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs and baseball. It's still sad that there was not even 3000 people in attendance though. It's really a shame because AHL hockey is really good quality hockey!

Possibly you have been spoilt by the Moose, who might possibly play good quality hockey most nights? I wonder if you'd like AHL hockey so much if you'd been in Lowell all season, where there were a few visiting teams that couldn't skate or pass as well as the average Beer Leaguers, but for some unfathomable reason could still outscore the L-Devils? A dozen or so "how could the L-Devils have lost to those drunken clowns?" games, and you might be postulating zebra conspiracy theories, buying charms against the curses of the hockey pantheon, cutting up game pucks to look for hidden airfoils, and checking the arena for the presence of an ice-tilting machine, too.

But back OT, the Crunch-Marlies game was in Toronto, so it's possible the low attendance is just because the local hockey fans have come to expect that all hockey ends the first week in April. ;)

Maybe I have been spoiled by the Moose, but trust me I have been to games where you really question if a good portion of the team knows how to play hockey. But yeah for the most part they play amazing hockey.

I'm sure I would still like AHL hockey if there was a less than stellar team here though, but then again I have stopped while walking to watch road hockey so maybe there's just something wrong with me...:P

As for Toronto, their fans probably just can't bring themselves to admit that their AHL team is far better than their NHl club..

The Phantoms are still pulling in decent numbers despite the amount of other events going on. During the first round there was always at least 1 other event going on in the sports complex and some nights even 2. The circus was in the spectrum and the phillies were playing as well, it made for a pretty mess of traffic in the parking lot. Plus the Flyers are in the playoffs and the Sixers were. Their attendance will probably increase this next round.

Syracus wins game 2 over the Marlies 3-1....

:)

Wow, the goalies must be reeling in the Phantoms-Pens game tonight -- not sheer numbers, but sheer speed!

1. WBS Brent, (8) (Minard, Goligoski), 5:00 (PP)

1. WBS Ardelan, (2) (Wallace, James), 15:22

1. PHI Powe, (1) (Grant, Kalinski), 17:44

2. PHI Ross, (5) (Ruzicka, Potulny), 0:19 (PP)

2. WBS Stone, (2) (Nasreddine, Jeffrey), 0:27

Trading goals 8 seconds apart. Wow. :dance:

I didn't go to tonights game but I went to game 3 and I'm watching tonights game on b2 networks. The goalies sucked in both games, tonight even more so cause the Pens had 8 powerplays, a 2 min 5 on 3 and a 5 min major powerplay. The ref has sucked pretty hard tonight but even so the Phantoms don't deserve to win this game or series. They played like complete sh!t in game 3. Curry, the goalie for the Penguins doesn't impress me very much but as long as the Pens offense keeps rolling they should be fine.