Elias Might Shift Back to Wing

msweet

Devils head coach Brent Sutter has been spending most of the summer in his office at the Red Deer Rebels' arena, but was in close contact with Lou Lamoriello Tuesday while the general manager was adding Brian Rolston and Bobby Holik to New Jersey's roster and re-signing Bryce Salvador and Jay Pandolfo.

"To get Bryce and Jay to come back was huge and to be able to add two players with Brian and Bobby improves us at the forward position dramatically," Sutter said this afternoon. "As a coaching staff, we're extremely excited about it." ...

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/2008/07...-might-shi.html

Elias should stay at center ice. Rolston should be on Zach and Patty's right wing.

Rolston wont be nearly as much of a goalscorer if hes taking shfts at center, watched alot of Minny games this year (2nd team) and he really doesnt produce when placed in this role.

I thought Elias played very well after switching to center last year, so I was looking forward to him staying there. However, the addition of Rolston does give them some flexibility and moving Elias back to wing may not be a bad thing. Its too early to come to any conclusions, lets see how things unfold in training camp.

I say let the team stay flexible and play either Rolston or Elias wherever they seem to be the most effective at that time for them and the team. If that means both are wings at some point, or both are center, or some combination of the two then so be it.