Nolan Out as Isles Coach

Devil Dan 56

By the article in the newspaper this morning the NYI top two candidates are John Tortorella and Paul Maurice to take over for Nolan.

It doesnt matter. The Islanders will Suck no matter what.. :whistling:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say get Nolan to coach in Lowell.. he will make a winner out of that team.

I understand why the Fish did it, but I have to feel sorry for Nolan.

He never gave me the impression that he would be a coach who would be completely comfortable with a complete rehaul and kid movement with only two or three vets included at the NHL level.

Snow made the comment that they had underachieved last season under Nolan, but when you look at their situation, they didn't give Nolan anything to work with but a grab bag of mediocre players who were never going to suceed. He literally had NOTHING to work with.

And then there is the saga of the draft....................................

That's a post for later tonight though.

Even if they had kept Nolan through 2008-2009 or maybe even less time, he was doomed to get the ax if this team of kids fail this season coming up. He was STILL going to get the ax.

Sorry Teddy. If you had no bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.

You won't get a third bite of the apple and I suspect that you'll NEVER work in the NHL again.

Enjoy the rest of your career in the minors.

Snow made the comment that they had underachieved last season under Nolan, but when you look at their situation, they didn't give Nolan anything to work with but a grab bag of mediocre players who were never going to suceed. He literally had NOTHING to work with.

This makes me wonder just what Snow was expecting from that team. I mean, does he honestly believe that the group he had was a contender? He obviously had NO back-up plan for if Smyth left last offseason.

And from the article in the News or Post today, it looks like they will be putting pressure on Okposo and Bailey this year to lead the team. Great. Hope they don't ruin those kids' careers.

They'd have an All-Star team if they'd let their guys develop. Lucky for us, I guess.

Isles suck with or without Nolan..... Who the hell would want to coach the isles right now? No decent coach who wants to win would want to even come close to that job! LOL

Isles Suck.

I totally agree. :evil: