College Football 2008 Thread

Devils Pride 26

About time college football started again. Hopefully both my teams do better than they did last year.

Notre Dame is going to surprise some people this year. Schedule is pretty good for them this year. 8 wins. :pray:

Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE

Sept. 13 MICHIGAN

Sept. 20 at Michigan State

Sept. 27 PURDUE

Oct. 4 STANFORD

Oct. 11 at North Carolina

Oct. 18 Open Date

Oct. 25 at Washington

Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH

Nov. 8 at Boston College

Nov. 15 vs. Navy (at Baltimore, Md.)

Nov. 22 SYRACUSE

Nov. 29 at USC

Rutgers on the other hand, is going to have a hard time replacing Ray Rice. I expect all the band wagoners to be gone soon. I wonder if Teel can step up.

Sept. 1 Fresno State

Sept. 11 North Carolina

Sept. 20 @ Navy

Sept. 27 Morgan St.

Oct. 4 at West Virginia

Oct. 11 at Cincinnati

Oct. 18 Connecticut

Oct. 25 @ Pittsburgh

Nov. 8 Syracuse

Nov. 15 at South Florida

Nov. 22 Army

Dec. 4 Louisville 7:30 pm

(BTW, not a front runner. My cousin went to ND and I went to Rutgers games even when they sucked.)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a overly tough schedule for ND this year, same schedule as almost every year, but with the exception of the USC game, there is a shot in almost every game..I can see 7-8 wins for the Irish and a return to a solid bowl game.

I will be going to a few Rutgers games this season as well. UConn, UNC, and Louisville games this season for Rutgers.

Don't like ND and hope they have another losing season. I hope Rutgers has a better season than ND. :P

Curious to see how Michigan will do this season along with USC and Georgia. Georgia has a chance to win the National Championship this year, but they are in a tough SEC conference with Tebow and Florida.

Not a overly tough schedule for ND this year, same schedule as almost every year, but with the exception of the USC game, there is a shot in almost every game..I can see 7-8 wins for the Irish and a return to a solid bowl game.

This is how I see it.

Wins:

Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE

Sept. 27 PURDUE

Oct. 4 STANFORD

Oct. 11 at North Carolina

Oct. 25 at Washington

Nov. 15 vs. Navy (at Baltimore, Md.)

Nov. 22 SYRACUSE

Toss up's:

Sept. 13 MICHIGAN

Sept. 20 at Michigan State

Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH

Nov. 8 at Boston College

Losses:

Nov. 29 at USC

If we end up like that and win at least one of the toss up's ND will be at 8 wins.

I will be going to a few Rutgers games this season as well. UConn, UNC, and Louisville games this season for Rutgers.

I have season tickets for the Rutgers games, so maybe I'll see ya there...

Edited by overtime98

I really am not a fan of Collegiate football for some reason.. but I cheer for Rutgers when I can.. I only really like NFL football :noclue:

I wasn't a fan of college football either until I started college and went to games, then I realized it is so much more pure than the NFL, which is all about putting on a big show with pampered conceited celebrities.

As for Rutgers, did any RU students here dish out the $77 for the season ticket plan or are you banking on getting free tickets in the lottery again? I spent the money, I figure at first demand will be down from last year since Rice is gone and they aren't coming off as good a season as they were last year, but if they have a good year all the bandwagon a$$holes will be back in time for the Louisville game and I didn't want to be screwed over by them. Plus I figured 10 years from now I could end up regretting missing that game while I doubt that $77 will mean much to me ten years from now.

One kid I have a class with now is a manager or something with the football team and he says they look much better now than they did at this point last season, so he is expecting a good year. But then again he does work for them so I guess you decide what to make of it.

I wasn't a fan of college football either until I started college and went to games, then I realized it is so much more pure than the NFL, which is all about putting on a big show with pampered conceited celebrities.

As for Rutgers, did any RU students here dish out the $77 for the season ticket plan or are you banking on getting free tickets in the lottery again? I spent the money, I figure at first demand will be down from last year since Rice is gone and they aren't coming off as good a season as they were last year, but if they have a good year all the bandwagon a$$holes will be back in time for the Louisville game and I didn't want to be screwed over by them. Plus I figured 10 years from now I could end up regretting missing that game while I doubt that $77 will mean much to me ten years from now.

One kid I have a class with now is a manager or something with the football team and he says they look much better now than they did at this point last season, so he is expecting a good year. But then again he does work for them so I guess you decide what to make of it.

im a senior in HS and me and my friend dished out 350 each for season tickets in the upper deck first row. Amazing seats cant wait for Fresno State!!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice win by Penn State, Paterno equals Bowden's victories at 373 ( or 376-can't recall right now)

Michigan loses to the Utes, not such a big upset, but the Wolverines rallied late to make it an entertaining game.

UGA rolls, USC crushes VA, Bama thumps Clemson, Buckeyes shut out "Buckwheat state" Mizzou wins a high scoring affair vs Illinois, Auburn rolls, Cornhuskers roll, Sooners roll, Longhorns roll :dance::boogie:

Pitt loses to BGSU :giggle: Oregon whips Washington, Spartans lose a gallant game to Cal.

Good games to start the College program.

Game to watch next Saturday:-

USC vs OSU, that should get a huge tv ratings, I'm pulling for the Buckeyes in that one but I think USC will win it by a field goal.

College football ROCKS :dance::boogie:

I was at the UCLA/Tennessee game last night, man what a wild game that was!!

Tennessee had this game under control and looked like they were easily going to take a 21-7 lead and they fumbled right at the UCLA 5...then it seemed all the momentum switched...and the Bruins had a 3rd string QB who threw 4 INT's in the 1st HALF got it together and made it happen, I credit Neuheisel and the UCLA coaching staff for making the right adjustments...I really think UCLA will be back within 1-2 years towards the top of the PAC-10.

Early games of note, Ohio State leaves it late to overcome Ohio and wins 26-14 and Michigan deteats Miami (Ohio) 16-6.

It's next week that the big game is between USC and Ohio State, I posted earlier that it was this week, I apologise for misleading, USC is off this week, so next week is the big game.

More scores to follow as the day progresses, stay tuned =)

Just a quick note for those of you who don't know -- Michigan = University of... there is NO other Michigan. The Spartans are State.. you all may call them the Spartans if you'd like -- but they are NOT Michigan. :evil:

Hope RU plays well tonight. we're on lock down at 1pm and work closes early! :lol:

The University of Michigan - Flint, http://www.umflint.edu/ disagrees. They said they are going to kick your ass. I wouldn't take their crap.