Obama Speech

Great speech. Really covered everything eloquently and thoroughly. I put on fox news directly after the speech and even they had a pretty tough time criticizing it with their panal. Olbermann and Matthews were popping wood over it...didn't see CNN.

PBS actually had my favorite coverage of the event...they just shut up and let the speech speak for itself...no analyzing and directing, hopefully people tuned into them.

The McCain congrats ad was pretty crazy too, didn't think he would ever do that.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a nice gesture by McCain but that doesn't really surprise me he is a classy guy. Obama delivered an amazing speech tonight and I also happened to tune into fox for post coverage it it's kind of funny how they tried to tear it apart, one reporter conflicting with another about how "Obama missed his audience". He was right on target, gave a great speech and answered many questions people have, I am interested in what our conservative posters thought of it but I think it's going to get buried in name calling and misdirection, stay tuned.

I mean there was a lot of substance and well thought out plans pretty clearly layed out. They used to say he just gives a great speech, w/o specifics, but he pretty much got as specific as you could in a speech of that length, while keeping in mind he had to inspire and keep his audience involved.

Really? It's only August? What if McCain turns out to be a secret Nazi or something really scandalous you won't even know! :rolleyes:

Still better tehn Barry.

And he is certainly not from the same party as FDR and JFK.

They are rolling in their graves with that one.

Really? It's only August? What if McCain turns out to be a secret Nazi or something really scandalous you won't even know! :rolleyes:

Nooo, you're not supposed to investigate other angles of things to find truth and make educated decisions. Just follow the herd close your ears and cover your eyes.

Anyone have a favorite line of the speech?

Mine was probably the one about chasing bin laden to his cave...

I only caught the last half hour of it, I tivo'd it I'm in the process of watching it now.

"And as someone who watched my mother argue with insurance companies while she lay in bed dying of cancer, I will make sure insurance companies stop discriminating against those who are sick and need care the most."

He says it almost angrily. You can't help but relate to this guy. he also said something about people who cant pay their bills or tuition. I can really relate. Maybe I'll take the JL road and just stop watching everything till November.

I know who I'm voting for.

Barry "Hollywood" Obama

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Obama delivered an amazing speech tonight and I also happened to tune into fox for post coverage it it's kind of funny how they tried to tear it apart, one reporter conflicting with another about how "Obama missed his audience". .

That's called offering differing opinions. Fair and Balanced. You know, how different people can see the same speech and give their honest opinions. Bill Kristol, Conservative, liked it. Nina Easton and Juan Williams, liberals, called it weak.

Unlike the rabid MSNBC and all the other dedicated hard left, jack boot , brown shirt wearing channels that are on their kneew blowing this guy.

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

That's called offering differing opinions. Fair and Balanced. You know, how different people can see the same speech and give their honest opinions. Bill Kristol, Conservative, liked it. Nina Easton and Juan Williams, liberals, called it weak.

Unlike the rabid MSNBC and all the other dedicated hard left, jack boot , brown shirt wearing channels that are on their kneew blowing this guy.

Those commentators during the week unanimously disregarded speech after speech as junk... fair and balanced.

I think its funny how they have these commercials and have their pundits repeating the fact that their viewership is like 39%republican, 33% democrat, reciting the fact that because of that they are the most fair and balanced network. It would make sense except the make of their audience has nothing to do with the fairness of their coverage. I guess they are trying to trick all the simple minded folk out there with their little statistic. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true.

msnbc is another story..but are slightly less misleading about their coverage.

Ed Rendell said Fox News covered both sides more fair and balanced then ANY other network during the campaign season so far.

And the other speeches basically blew, so what's wrong with saying that? It's a convention, they usually always blow.

And I guess since you have been brainwashed that they are a strictly right wing network, all those watching giving them ratings better then all the other calbe shows combined are all "simple minded".

How enlightended you must be. Remind me to genuflect in your presence next time.

And Keith Olbermann is "slightly less misleading". Your credibility is 100% gone now.

Ed Rendell said Fox News covered both sides more fair and balanced then ANY other network during the campaign season so far.

And the other speeches basically blew, so what's wrong with saying that? It's a convention, they usually always blow.

And I guess since you have been brainwashed that they are a strictly right wing network, all those watching giving them ratings better then all the other calbe shows combined are all "simple minded".

How enlightended you must be. Remind me to genuflect in your presence next time.

And Keith Olbermann is "slightly less misleading". Your credibility is 100% gone now.

From someone who has been "brain" washed into believing in "unicorns" and the mythical "liberal media", MisLeeds has 0 credibility.

It was an excellent speech. He covered what he needed to while still being able to hold your attention. I would have liked for him to hammer McSame more but that has never been Obama's style. That is Biden's job.

As for the other speeches, I thought Gore was tremendous. He has really changed from the buttoned down, stuffed shirt candidate he was in 2000. I'd vote for him again in a second.

I don't think there was anyone like Obama in 2004 who raised their profile with a convention speech but that is pretty rare.

Overall I think the convention was a success. Hillary fell in line and even with Clintons taking up two nights I don't think the focus shifted from Obama like it could have.

I thought the TV coverage and people they had on discussing it were pretty poor though. I watched PBS and MSNBC most of the time and PBS had farking David Brooks as a primary "analyst". Are they going to have Maureen Dowd on to cover the RNC? They better. His predictability in trying to downplay everything got tired really fast.

From someone who has been "brain" washed into believing in "unicorns" and the mythical "liberal media", MisLeeds has 0 credibility.

Ummm...................okay. You go on in your merry little dream world and believe the networks play it down the middle.

You are a joke.

It didn't feel like honest debate. Yeah some conservative analysts said they liked it and it but a vast majority seemed to have pre-wrote what they were going to complain about. Some were saying "he got too much into the specifics" others "not enough into the specifics". It felt like these guys were going to attack his speech no matter what rather then actually respond to it. They made irrelevant points like "we have heard this speech before and nothing gets done" and whether or not that may be true has little to do with the fact that he gave an amazing speech, hit every point he needed to hit and made a map of what he plans to do as president and how he is going to do it. You could not have given a better acceptance speech and fox news was reluctant to give him credit for it, that's not fair and balanced, that's bias and tilted.

One of my favorite part's was how he buried the celebrity status, I would be surprised if the Republicans even try to use it anymore.

Because in the faces of those young veterans who come back from Iraq and Afghanistan, I see my grandfather, who signed up after Pearl Harbor, marched in Patton’s Army, and was rewarded by a grateful nation with the chance to go to college on the GI Bill.

In the face of that young student who sleeps just three hours before working the night shift, I think about my mom, who raised my sister and me on her own while she worked and earned her degree; who once turned to food stamps but was still able to send us to the best schools in the country with the help of student loans and scholarships.

When I listen to another worker tell me that his factory has shut down, I remember all those men and women on the South Side of Chicago who I stood by and fought for two decades ago after the local steel plant closed.

And when I hear a woman talk about the difficulties of starting her own business, I think about my grandmother, who worked her way up from the secretarial pool to middle-management, despite years of being passed over for promotions because she was a woman. She’s the one who taught me about hard work. She’s the one who put off buying a new car or a new dress for herself so that I could have a better life. She poured everything she had into me. And although she can no longer travel, I know that she’s watching tonight, and that tonight is her night as well.

I don’t know what kind of lives John McCain thinks that celebrities lead, but this has been mine.

Edited by squishyx

Specifics?

How are we going to be off off Middle East oil in 10 years exactly?

What other "specifics" were there.

I never heard one analyst on Fox or liberal talking head on the other networks complain that he got into "too much specifics" as you claim.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.