Obama Speech

I never heard one analyst on Fox or liberal talking head on the other networks complain that he got into "too much specifics" as you claim.

I didn't get the names of the analysts who said it I'll try and youtube it during lunch.

Specifics?

How are we going to be off off Middle East oil in 10 years exactly?

As President, I will tap our natural gas reserves, invest in clean coal technology, and find ways to safely harness nuclear power. I’ll help our auto companies re-tool, so that the fuel-efficient cars of the future are built right here in America. I’ll make it easier for the American people to afford these new cars. And I’ll invest 150 billion dollars over the next decade in affordable, renewable sources of energy – wind power and solar power and the next generation of biofuels; an investment that will lead to new industries and five million new jobs that pay well and can’t ever be outsourced.
What other "specifics" were there.

What other things would you have liked him to address? he probably touched on it.

Edited by squishyx

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you are just blinded by your own bitterness

Nice try. You take a shot at me, I respond, and I'm bitter? Haha, you are a tool.

-What corporate loophole woll he close?

-He wants Gov't bureacrats to make decisions for insurance companies.

- He wants gov't bureacrats to run health care. DON'T GET SICK!

- He wants people to have the congressional health care plan that don't have coverage. Never gonna happen. But the sheep applauded like it's coing in February.

-Wants to provide gov't run day care

-Wants the gov't to provide free schooling. I'm guessing he means college. So know we have Gov't run cradle to graduation education.

- He will not drill. Claims that although it took 9 years from Kennedy's speech about going to the moon to actually putting a man on the moon, we cannot get oil to America in 10 years. Some belief in America know how he has.

-How is he going to "Find way to harness nuclear power" when he is anti-nuke.

Nice try. You take a shot at me, I respond, and I'm bitter? Haha, you are a tool.

- He wants people to have the congressional health care plan that don't have coverage. Never gonna happen. But the sheep applauded like it's coing in February.

-Wants the gov't to provide free schooling. I'm guessing he means college. So know we have Gov't run cradle to graduation education.

- He will not drill. Claims that although it took 9 years from Kennedy's speech about going to the moon to actually putting a man on the moon, we cannot get oil to America in 10 years. Some belief in America know how he has.

It was a 45 min speech and hit mentioned most things on your list, if you are asking for step by step details on what he is going to do well then I think you are asking too much. I don't know any politician who maps out things as detailed as you want.

-I've never read the tax code laws, I guess he could be making it up but I have no reason to think he is

-Not really sure what you are talking about, perhaps a source?

-Affordable health care is not the same as government ran health care.

-He said he wanted the same health care package that's available to congressional members to every person, I took that as he wanted to put everyone on an even level for health care, not just a privileged few

-Government ran daycare? not sure where that came from, day care wasn't in his speech at at all night so perhaps you are referring to something at a previous date?

-Free schooling? that's not the same as what he said:

And we will keep our promise to every young American

If you did your own homework you would know the answers to most of these questions.

Suffice it to say, most of these other bullet points seem to work well in every other industrialized country.

Ed Rendell said Fox News covered both sides more fair and balanced then ANY other network during the campaign season so far.

And I guess since you have been brainwashed that they are a strictly right wing network, all those watching giving them ratings better then all the other calbe shows combined are all "simple minded".

"A terrorist fist jab?!?!?!"

Yea fair and balanced my ass.

For the record, I think Olbermann sucks too.

It was a 45 min speech and hit mentioned most things on your list, if you are asking for step by step details on what he is going to do well then I think you are asking too much. I don't know any politician who maps out things as detailed as you want.

-I've never read the tax code laws, I guess he could be making it up but I have no reason to think he is

-Free schooling? that's not the same as what he said:

-I answered the point of drilling, you may not like it or think it will work but he mapped it out which is what you are accusing of him of not doing

-Government ran daycare? not sure where that came from, day care wasn't in his speech at at all night so perhaps you are referring to something at a previous date?

I'll invest in early childhood education. I'll recruit an army of new teachers, and pay them higher salaries and give them more support.

-Affordable health care is not the same as government ran health care.

-Not really sure what you are talking about, perhaps a source?

He wants socialized health care. That's the Dems platform. Bureaucrats that cannot run anything doling out health care. Scary.

-He said he wanted the same health care package that's available to congressional members to every person, I took that as he wanted to put everyone on an even level for health care, not just a privileged few

Dreamland. A toss out to have simple minded people like Manta actually think it may happen.

-Nukes? source...question mark

He's anti-nuke power.

"A terrorist fist jab?!?!?!"

Yea fair and balanced my ass.

For the record, I think Olbermann sucks too.

At least Olberman will back things up with FACTs instead just making things up like "Faux News"

(e.g. "terrorist fist jab", "Obama is a muslim" " and the infamous misleading errors -putting up graphics of convicted/disgraced Republicans on screen and ascribing them as "Democrats" to the typically unaware Faux viewer).

If you did your own homework you would know the answers to most of these questions.

Suffice it to say, most of these other bullet points seem to work well in every other industrialized country.

More dribble.

Socialized health care is a failure.

At least Olberman will back things up with FACTs instead just making things up like "Faux News"

(e.g. "terrorist fist jab", "Obama is a muslim" " and the infamous misleading errors -putting up graphics of convicted/disgraced Republicans on screen and ascribing them as "Democrats" to the typically unaware Faux viewer).

Yeah, okay.

Any more idiotic nonsense coming from you today?

Olberman, while clearly liberal, does actually bring up arguements based out of fact far more than fox news. Half the sh!t they talk about, (hannity, oreilly) is discredited, a stretch, or untrue. Hannity still talks about obama appeasing. Someone get this guy a dictionary. Their thinly veiled connections they try to make with him as a terrorist or connected to things like that is excessive. ANyone see the hour long bio they did on Obama, the entire thing bashed him and showed supposed radical roots.

Check this out... Fox's bio of him in a minute...what a joke.

The stuff they bring up is less credible than that group of journalists that saw john McCain call his wife a C word/. Maybe msnbc will run an hour documentary on McCain investigating his use of the c word.

Edited by oofrostonoo

I'll invest in early childhood education. I'll recruit an army of new teachers, and pay them higher salaries and give them more support.

This has nothing to do with day care that you wrote before, but it seem like a really good idea.

He wants socialized health care. That's the Dems platform. Bureaucrats that cannot run anything doling out health care. Scary.

Maybe, but in his speech he said affordable health care for all, I thought we were discussing things he actually said in his speech not core beliefs the Democrats in general would like to eventually get too.

Dreamland. A toss out to have simple minded people like Manta actually think it may happen.

It's fine if you don't believe him, that wasn't my intention. You listed it as something he didn't mention, but he did.

He's anti-nuke power.

Does that mean he is against nuclear power or nuclear weapons? Either way he mapped out his energy independence plan so whats your point?

This has nothing to do with day care that you wrote before, but it seem like a really good idea.

Maybe, but in his speech he said affordable health care for all, I thought we were discussing things he actually said in his speech not core beliefs the Democrats in general would like to eventually get too.

It's fine if you don't believe him, that wasn't my intention. You listed it as something he didn't mention, but he did.

Does that mean he is against nuclear power or nuclear weapons? Either way he mapped out his energy independence plan so whats your point?

He's against nuke power.

The early childhood is free day care. That's what he means. What else could it have meant?

Affordable health care. Sounds great, I'd like it too. How's he going to do that without the gov't stepping in with mandates?

He's against nuke power.

Ok, still not relevant to his speech but I'll take your word for it.

The early childhood is free day care. That's what he means. What else could it have meant?
I'll invest in early childhood education

I suppose that could be the same thing? I took it as an initiative to get more kids into pre-school and stuff like that rather then day-care but i guess you could make the argument that grades k-12 is just a variation on day-care.

Affordable health care. Sounds great, I'd like it too. How's he going to do that without the gov't stepping in with mandates?

So your problem isn't the idea you just don't know how he is going to change it?

Now is the time to finally keep the promise of affordable, accessible health care for every single American. If you have health care, my plan will lower your premiums. If you don

Ok, still not relevant to his speech but I'll take your word for it.

I suppose that could be the same thing? I took it as an initiative to get more kids into pre-school and stuff like that rather then day-care but i guess you could make the argument that grades k-12 is just a variation on day-care.

So your problem isn't the idea you just don't know how he is going to change it?

Like i said before you are not going to get a step by step instruction from any candidate so I don't know why you try and solicit one from him. Probably just to make him look bad, but in the end he did mention health care and mapped out how he was going to make it available for everyone at an affordable price. You might say "how will he lower premiums" or "how will he make health care that congress gives themselves available to everyone" and he could probably explain it to you and then you would come back with "well how are you going to do part a, part b, part c" and so on and so on. These are his campaign promises that he has to keep and if he doesn't make it happen then he should be held accountable for it.

Fair enough. You explain yourself very well. Refreshing from the personal attacks I usually get from the lefties here.

Well honestly Leeds. He gave a pretty good summary of how Fox has unsourced right-wing-friendly facts, and you basically said "whatever, idiot."

Where did he do that? He mentioned one typo.

That's your "pretty good summary".

No wonder Obama pleases you. You have low expectiations.

Where did he do that? He mentioned one typo.

That's your "pretty good summary".

No wonder Obama pleases you. You have low expectiations.

You're missing what I'm referring to.

remember that quote? because that's what we're talking about.

That was the New Yorker magazine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcy5XS68_Bc

Theres ED Hill, fox news anchor.

Keep watching, you'll see fox news make fun of his middle name, and LIE that he attended a muslim school when he was a child. FALSE. Madrassa=School in muslim. A Madrassa is a public school with NO FOCUS ON RELIGION.

Edited by RunninWithTheDevil

Speech was great if you were in a locker room but not too good if you wanted to know what he was going to do as prez.

"Responsible exit from Iraq"? WTF?

I am also insulted with the picture he paints of a country about to collapse. It is fear mongering at a minimum and an outright lie at its worst.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.