New Wardrobe

Ouch, I hear it's not going down well with Republican donors

The Republican National Committee has spent more than $150,000 to clothe and accessorize vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her family since her surprise pick by John McCain in late August.

According to financial disclosure records, the accessorizing began in early September and included bills from Saks Fifth Avenue in St. Louis and New York for a combined $49,425.74.

The records also document a couple of big-time shopping trips to Neiman Marcus in Minneapolis, including one $75,062.63 spree in early September.

The RNC also spent $4,716.49 on hair and makeup through September after reporting no such costs in August.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really, you would describe her as smart?

Yup.

Would you describe Biden as smart?

I know we've forgotten about ol' "Foot in Mouth", but this isn't Palin v. Obama, it's McCain v. Obama

The liberal media thought control at work.

:hail:

I'm not a "reasonable" brainwashed liberal sheep.

Offtopic but since the original was pointless anyway, what makes someone a brainwashed liberal sheep? someone who supports Obama? the democratic party? blind allegiance that you are just assuming people have?

I don't get what the big deal is. If the RNC wants to waste their money on accessorizing their VP, which I think is a wise use of their money since her "Tina Fey"-looks is her best selling point, all the power to them.

If they think that is going to help them get elected, it's their prerogative. It doesn't seem to be helping much, but meh, whatever.... it's better than wasting the money on more robocalls.

Almost as much as John Edwards monthly bill.

Actually, if Edwards had a $400 haircut a week for 10 weeks . . it'd be . . *gets out a calculator* . . . $4,000!

Aaaand if we take $150,000 and subtract $4,000 . . we geeet . . *gets out calculator again* . . . $146,000 more spent on clothes that would've been spent on haircuts.

So, to correct you, it's nowhere near as much as Edwards's monthly bill, or bill over a 10-week period for that matter.

Actually, if Edwards had a $400 haircut a week for 10 weeks . . it'd be . . *gets out a calculator* . . . $4,000!

Aaaand if we take $150,000 and subtract $4,000 . . we geeet . . *gets out calculator again* . . . $146,000 more spent on clothes that would've been spent on haircuts.

So, to correct you, it's nowhere near as much as Edwards's monthly bill, or bill over a 10-week period for that matter.

My guess is that it was a jab at the alimony Edwards has to pay, or the amount he paid that girl to be quiet.

- The Republicans have made a big deal about how they are "everyman" and the Democrats are "elitist". Dropping $150k on clothes throws that out the window.

- Republicans have been crying about how Obama has raised so much cash and they cannot compete. Of course buying clothes for your dress up doll cuts into your ad budget.

As for Palin as smart? Wow.

Smart - I don't think it means what you think it means.

How many colleges did she have to go to before she found one she could graduate from? Listen to her talk and the vocabulary that she uses. She is many things, smart is not one of them.

Edited by PeteyNice

yeah .. tell that to the guys on the soup line in motown... their waiting for your cut squish :giggle:

What do you think the welfare state is, numbskull? Where do you think the money for that soup line comes from? Keep giggling.

Edited by sublicon

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.