The only one to blame is Lou and Sutter

drivingrain27

The Devils were one of the lowest scoring teams all season last season. Lou went out and did nothing (and then those nothings got injured). This was a follow up performance from his pickup of last season's nothings (Zubrus and Vishnevsky) 8 players get injured, Lou doesn't flinch. Star goalie goes down, and he has two goalies who have almost no resume fill in. The Devils are a minor league team right now. Sutter has done nothing to help out has-been scorers like Gionta, Elias, or Langenbrunner, whose production levels are nearing the point of nonexistent. None of his younger players who could become something have grown much at all (because he just rotates them in and out like books at a public library). His entire defense is full of players with less than 3 years in the league, and his entire offense is Zach Parise. Meanwhile, one of the most improved teams in the NHL are the Boston Bruins, whose general manager had the audacity to pick up players like Marc Savard and Zdeno Chara and not to fire Claude Julien with two games to go last season.

Lou had the great fortune of having players like Stevens, Brodeur, Niedermeyer, and Claude Lemieux playing for him once. He had heart players like Ken Daneyko who left everything on the ice. Now, they have nothing, there is no heart, no emotion, no life. Their arena is less than half full every night (great idea building a new rink in Newark).

No goals, no acquisitions. Young players, no growth (except Parise). Injured players, no acquisitions. It's time we changed the oil in this engine.

The Devils were one of the lowest scoring teams all season last season. Lou went out and did nothing (and then those nothings got injured).

How can you say he did nothing, but then what he did get got injured? That makes absolutely no sense. And getting a 30-goal scorer is not nothing. Also how do you fault Lou and Sutter for Rolston getting injured?

I HATE to say it but *gulp* the RAGS show more ******* heart and emotion than we do.

It's sickening. I wish we had Scott Stevens back, i dont ******* care how old he is, he'd rip these ***clowns a new one!!!

******* dis grace!

Langenbrunner is a hooker.

Literally.

Agreed. There are legitimate criticism made of both Lou and Sutter but don't say Lou did nothing to address the scoring problem when he went out and got a 30 goal scorer within 30 minutes for free agency opening.

+1

This threads are so ridiculous that I'm speachless...

Watching tonight's game made me sick, but reading this forum and seeing childish tantrums like these makes me believe that we deserve a 10 game streak of losses like these so these people can go follow another sport.

Its one thing to be legitly critical, entirely another to bitch that its not Devils 2000.

More heart? I wouldn't say more heart. Personally, I feel like when we play hard, you can see that we're playing hard and with passion and heart. The Rangers just seem to get it together, get a goal, and pump their fists ridiculously hard. I see no heart when I watch them. They don't really need it.