Quick Jersey Question

njdevil26

Last night at the Arena Lounge I won the Brodeur jersey. It's an RBK Edge home red jersey. I know it came from the Devils Den. The official NHL tags and the 195 (what they charge at the arena) price tag is on it.

The only problem is, it's a Large. I def need an XXL. I'm bigger than a large AND I like jerseys to be big on me. Do you think I can go over to the Devils Den and exchange it?

I doubt they would let you exchange it, but you should call them up and ask them. I would advise that you get the jersey back to them before the name plate falls off.

If they don't take it back, put it up on ebay, take the money, and buy one that fits.

Yeah I didn't think to ask. I'm shy and I don't like attention. So I grabbed the jersey and left the bar (already drunk) and saw what size it was when I got in the car haha.

I guess I can call and ask.

Edit: Okay I called. The lady said if she can see that it came from the Devils Den, she will exchange it for me.

Edited by njdevil26

Some thoughts about the jersey. It looks really nice. I definitely like the RBK's better than the CCMs. The logo is made out of a much much better material and it looks more professional. The Numbers and name plate isn't bad at all. The problem I have with it is that the arms are HUGE and the body is small. Really oddly put together.

yeah i heard alot of people complaining about that. Quick question what is the ranking and amount of posts you need to reach the next level just curiouse.

yeah i heard alot of people complaining about that. Quick question what is the ranking and amount of posts you need to reach the next level just curiouse.

I'm not too sure but I have an idea.

Go into the politics section of the forum.

Start a thread called "The State of the Ecnonomy is STRONG"

Enjoy.

We'll get you there.

Some thoughts about the jersey. It looks really nice. I definitely like the RBK's better than the CCMs. The logo is made out of a much much better material and it looks more professional. The Numbers and name plate isn't bad at all. The problem I have with it is that the arms are HUGE and the body is small. Really oddly put together.

is yours the authentic or the cheaper premier one? i have the cheaper one, and i also have this complaint about the way it fits, but i have always wanted to try the expensive authentic ones on to see if they fit any better.

When they first brought out the RBK jersey they were advertising that it was more form fitting while allowing more freedom of movement. Sounds like they snugged the torso and put more room in the arms.

I'm sure that this addressed MANY player complaints about the old CCM and Koho jersey's.

I'm not too sure but I have an idea.

Go into the politics section of the forum.

Start a thread called "The State of the Ecnonomy is STRONG"

Enjoy.

We'll get you there.

Im not trying to cheat my way up in post amount numbers. Plus i would have to right them all right? jk

Im not trying to cheat my way up in post amount numbers. Plus i would have to right them all right? jk

The politics section is a mess... Someone could actually make a pretty damn good argument out of something that is blatantly false... I stay away haha.

My jersey is a Premier with sewn on numbers and name. So it's not the cheap heat pressed one from NHL.com but it's not authentic.

Fans don't need "Form fitting jerseys" if that was the case just by a smaller size...

Mine is an XXL. The arms are huge on me and the torso is like it's two sizes smaller... weird.

My jersey is a Premier with sewn on numbers and name. So it's not the cheap heat pressed one from NHL.com but it's not authentic.

Pics?

Actually, the heat pressed ones are sold at retail, too. I've never seen the Premier version with sewn on names and #'s anywhere. The only way this could have happened was it was bought as blank and the name/# was added after. Any Premier's sold by RBK with a name/# are heat pressed.

Fans don't need "Form fitting jerseys" if that was the case just by a smaller size...

That's because most of the average fans can't fit into form fitting jerseys or don't look good in them :P lol. The Premier jersyes were supposed to take the same design as the Edge, that's why they fit the way they do. It would have been silly to make the on-ice Edge jerseys and have a totally different looking replica for fans.

Mine is an XXL. The arms are huge on me and the torso is like it's two sizes smaller... weird.

I'd like to see pics of this jersey.

Pics?

Actually, the heat pressed ones are sold at retail, too. I've never seen the Premier version with sewn on names and #'s anywhere. The only way this could have happened was it was bought as blank and the name/# was added after. Any Premier's sold by RBK with a name/# are heat pressed.

That's because most of the average fans can't fit into form fitting jerseys or don't look good in them :P lol. The Premier jersyes were supposed to take the same design as the Edge, that's why they fit the way they do. It would have been silly to make the on-ice Edge jerseys and have a totally different looking replica for fans.

I'd like to see pics of this jersey.

I'll take pictures of it after lunch.

It's not heat pressed but it's also not beautiful.

The letters and numbers ARE sewn on but they are designed to look like they are layered. Basically from far away they look nice but close up you could say... uh... weird.

It's a premier from the Devils Den.

Here are the pictures.

I posted a picture of my Elias jersey so you can see the difference in body size.

DSCN2176.JPG

DSCN2175.JPG

DSCN2173.JPG

DSCN2172.JPG

DSCN2170.JPG

DSCN2169.JPG

See how huge the arms are on the Brodeur jersey?

If you want to see the stitched on stuff go to http://suddendeathovertime.blogspot.com and you can click on the pictures to enlarge them.

It's stitched but they have a tacky technique of making it look layered.

Edited by njdevil26

Here are the pictures.

It's stitched but they have a tacky technique of making it look layered.

Andrew,

Just saw this now and thanks. Yeah, those are pretty big arms. Perhaps they think someone that wears an XXL has big arms lol. I gotta admit, that's strange.

OK, onto the lettering. I looked at the pics carefully. The black 2nd layer is stitched onto the jersey, but the white part is heat sealed onto the black made to look stitched. I haven't seen that in the replicas yet.

Also, are the replicas now being made with black neck/NHL shield combo? Last year they were red on both home and road. Perhaps someone who recently bought one can chime in on that as well.

I'm trying to keep track of all this because the knockoffs are running wild and i'm trying to stay on top of them to help others and being i do not collect or wear the replica jerseys, i want as much info as possible if they change are modified, etc.

Re the large sleeves, check the tag and see if it's a goalie jersey, they make the sleeves shorter & wider for goalie jerseys...

Re the knockoff jerseys, always check inside the jersey to make sure the numbers are sewn right thru the jersey, there are a lot of heat sealed numbers that look like they are sewn on, and for the name plate, from the inside of the jersey press your fingers along the underside of the name plate, if you can't feel stitching, it's a fake...

Re: all of your comments.

It says nowhere that it is a goalie cut or something.

Amy has a Parise Large that she bought at the Devils Den. Same design. Huge arms and a smaller torso.

The nhl logo is not black on the jerseys that they sell.

You can find these stitched replicas at Modell's or another store like that and in the Devils Den.

Any replica you order off of NHL.com will be the completely heat pressed mess.

I picked up a DP home reebok premier last year, and the numbers are god awful. the front and sleeve numbers and the name is okay, but the main big numbers are clearly pressed on and wrinkly as hell. I got it from modells, so it's not a knockoff, but cmon reebok, try making a nice uniform.

my friend god a reebok premier dubinsky a few months ago from nhl website i think, his numbers are sewn on. i was quite jealous.

Thats about what i payed for my Brodeur 25th ann jersey