OOT Scoreboard - Sun. 4/19. ECQF & WCQF - Round 1.

SatansDevils

Who's got the better shot to come back and win, San Jose or Washington? Maybe both of these teams will loosen up the grips on the sticks and play with less pressure.

I give Washington the better shot. I'm not sure the Rangers can stand the prosperity. Letdown may be coming.

Tough call there Jerry. I would have to go with San Jose. They are a great team and I would think Nabakov would be better than the no goaltending in Washington. Theodore is not very good and they cannot win with Varlamov. Nabakov could steal a game and San Jose has had an amazing season for it to just go down the tubes in that series vs. Anaheim. San Jose is not dead yet. That series could still go seven games. San Jose just needs to win Game 3 first.

As far as washington, they better get better goaltending for Games 3 and 4 or they will be done by Lundqvist and the Rangers. Lundqvist is on his game unfortunately and he stole Game 2 in Washington. Tortorella has this Rangers team ready and they are doing good so far. Maybe coming home to MSG, they will have a letdown in games 3 and 4. Washington needs to win Game 3 or the Rangers will win the series.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough call there Jerry. I would have to go with San Jose. They are a great team and I would think Nabakov would be better than the no goaltending in Washington. Theodore is not very good and they cannot win with Varlamov.

As far as washington, they better get better goaltending for Games 3 and 4

The kid let in ONE GOAL on an awful breakdown and point blank two on one... what the hell do you want from the guy??? :P

Reminds me of my ex blaming Turco for the Stars losing to Vancouver because he "only" shut them out three times!!! :blink:

The kid let in ONE GOAL on an awful breakdown and point blank two on one... what the hell do you want from the guy??? :P

Reminds me of my ex blaming Turco for the Stars losing to Vancouver because he "only" shut them out three times!!! :blink:

Yeah Varlamov played pretty well in Game 2, but all of a sudden Washington forgets how to score? With Ovechkin, Green, Backstrom and Semin they should be killing the Rangers. Like I said Crasher the Rangers and Lundqvist stole Game 2. If Washington puts Theodore in over Varlamov, this series could end quickly. Leave the kid in goal for Game 3 at least and hope the scoring attack awakens for Washington on Lundqvist. They are due for a 5-goal game and breakout on Lundqvist. :P

I agree about Turco as he was not to blame. he was amazing and the best player in that series.

Edited by SatansDevils

I don't blame you

he's not the main problem... but you want to brag about MVP level play you better BRING IT in the playoffs and he clearly doesn't

he's part of it. his departure would just represent an attitude overhaul on the team. they have too much of a country club atmosphere and they don't know how to work hard. it springs partially from him. he also makes other players less creative on the ice because they expect to be spoon-fed. it's sub-conscious probably.

he was better tonight than thursday. i think marleau's still hurt... he looks like it, and he skipped the morning skate today. setoguchi is struggling and being young. vlasic is awful right now for some reason. the best player on the ice is boyle, and he can't do it all himself. they're also not utilizing their speed at all. they're slowing the game down when it's the last thing they should be doing. that's a coaching thing, and i don't get it.

both of these games were close and could have gone either way with different bounces.

i'll say this though: 0-for-6 on the pp tonight. against anaheim? yeah, that's how you lose. score on the pp and anaheim is always toast.

it's not over, but watching themselves dig this hole for themselves is frustrating. they have to win both in anaheim or they're not coming back.

I watched the first period of San Jose/Anaheim last night. I must say, Anaheim's defence is absolutely amazing. Just a complete shut down of the skilled SJ forwards when they enter the Ducks zone. I know that Nieds is kind of a traitor here, but he along with Pronger, Whitney and Beauchemin have really been playing well. When I watch the ducks play, and then compare them to our D, I can' t help but be really envious. Too bad guys like Pronger + Nieds are so hard to come by. I really like the Sharks, so I'm sad that they are losing, but you really have to give credit to the ducks for playing such sound defensive hockey. Also, Bobby Ryan is an absolute beast and I would not be sad if Blake never got anywhere near another cup in his lifetime.