Mets Baseball

Derek21

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At lease, Jose Reyes had a good ML Debut.

I think if's best that the Mets go on a long losing streak. A long losing streak would end the tenure of Steve Phillips. It's best that it ends now. Mets need a GM who can stress developing young players than buying players in the FA Market. I look at the Astros. They got some good young players. I think the Mets need to patent a style like the Astros.

At lease, Jose Reyes had a good ML Debut.

I think if's best that the Mets go on a long losing streak. A long losing streak would end the tenure of Steve Phillips. It's best that it ends now. Mets need a GM who can stress developing young players than buying players in the FA Market. I look at the Astros. They got some good young players. I think the Mets need to patent a style like the Astros.

Agreed.

Steve Phillips must go.

But a long losing streak?

Too painful to watch.

The Man in Houston is Jeff Bagwell. What a season Bags is having this year.

........................runs hr rbi avg

bagwell.............39 11 25 .284

KENT..................40 10 46 .322

No contest.

KENT RULES.

NEXT!!!

Oh man!

Not again.

The friggin' Rangers, a team with no pitching.

:lol: Hey, it's the only way the Rangers can win!

We're actually going to the game tonight. Lucked into some good tickets. Another Rangers win, maybe!!!

Going to a Rangers-Mets game in Texas in June; what kind of a masochist fanatic are you? :evil:

Hope the Rangers win for you; the Mets aren't going anywhere this year yet again :rolleyes: . The more Mets losses, the sooner the fat cat players get dumped/benched and the sooner Phillips gets executed fired. :P

I still can't decide which was worse getting swept by the Brewers in a doubleheader or losing to the Mariners 20-1 in a double dip (both at home inside of a week) :o

Thank goodness for Jae Seo; forget diamond in the rough he's a bar of gold in a pile of $hi- :lol: He's been pitching circles around Glavine and Leiter. Wigginton hasn't been that bad either; figures that the best Met players have been ones not getting paid $8 million plus. Floyd's been the only FA we signed worth a damn; at least he's playing his ass off on one leg.

Nice timing NJDev25, go on the one day of five the Mets actually have a good chance to win...lol

Nice timing NJDev25, go on the one day of five the Mets actually have a good chance to win...lol

:lol:

Nice timing, indeed! But hey, we had seats 17 rows over the Rangers dugout, season parking pass & game program - all for free. So all in all, not a bad evening. It was humid, but not too hot.

The game sucked, however. Not much excitement, especially for Rangers fans. There were A LOT of Mets fans there! There was one guy on the front row just beyond the Rangers dugout down the first base line who kept holding up an MSG sign - don't know if he got on TV or not. But I'm like "Hey, I know about MSG! They cover the Devils! :P

Jose Reyes looked very, very good. Tony Clark is very, very big. He reminds me of Dave Winfield - he has legs that go on forever. Jae Seo looked good. Rangers couldn't get anything strung together against him. Couple of good defensive plays by the Mets. One blooper play by the Rangers.

Rangers pitching sucks, did you guys know that? :o But at least the Rangers are getting their young guys in to the games. That's the only hope for the Rangers - developing some home-grown talent for a change. Teixeira & Blaylock are gonna be really good, Young has turned out to be a very good 2B. But gotta see some young pitchers develop.

Reyes is going to be with the team from now on unless he really falls flat on his face. Reyes has done a good job so far such as his ML debut the other night and I like the fact he hustles to first.

Seo has been awesome. He might have a shot to go to the All-Star Game if he continues to keep it up. He has some time to get it done. I like to see See in the ASG.

As for the Rangers, they got the hitting. Who's pitching is the question? Rangers really need to develop a lot of pitchers. Colby Lewis, tonight's starter, stunk. Dave O'Brien and Tom Seaver (Mets announcers on WB11) really ripped into Lewis for not looking at Orel Hersisher's face when he was talking to him. They even ripped Lewis for not even caring out there. Dickey was even worse. Rangers are doing okay, but Buck Showalter can't make chicken salad out of chicken crap.

4-2, wow this qualifies as a tremendous streak for the Mets :P

Still probably too late to salvage anything tangible from this year but I hope they at least b---h slap Clemens again; what an arrogant jerk, saying he'll boycott the HOF ceremony if they don't have him in a Yankee cap.